JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Update on my status (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2609168-update-my-status.html)

Ame C December 28th, 2012 10:49 AM

Update on my status

Yesterday was quite the eventful day. DH and I talked about me going off of the pill and just do the pull and pray method. My hormones have been pretty crazy I contribute some of that craziness to being on the pill. So I stopped taking it. I don't really know how ovulation works when you are on a bc pill but according to online ovulation trackers I should be ovulating right about now or in the next 3 days. Well DH and I dtd but somehow in the middle of it we both agreed to throw the pull and pray method out the window and JUST PRAY! Not such a great idea and now I am stressing out about it... As much as I want a baby right now it's still too soon too get pregnant again and I may have just made a bit of a not very well thought out 'oopsie'. We discussed it and are going to do the pull and pray method NOW but it may be too late, we shall see what happens. :confused:

THEN yesterday when it got dark out I got in a car accident.
There was a car in front of me and just enough space for a dickhead to change lanes and cut me off. The car that was in front of both me and the dickhead noticed a police officer parked at a gas station coming up and pressed his breaks. It apparently scared the guy that was cutting me off and caused him to SLAM his breaks... I slammed mine too and hit the back of the car that had cut me off. We pulled over into the gas station and talked to the police officer and he says he didn't see what happened, he wasn't looking at the time. So now our insurance companies are going to have to fight it out and it looks bad for me since I hit the back of him. The cop said I may be okay since the guy admitted to not signaling before he cut me off and that the cop was going to write that in his report. No one got a ticket, although 'I' think the other guy should have got one for reckless driving and failure to maintain a safe speed and distance behind the car that was in front of him. It's just another thing that adds to my stress right now. Nope this is not good at all.

BabyLove23 December 28th, 2012 11:14 AM

Re: Update on my status

Ugh!!! People are schmucks when it comes to driving! Sorry about the accident!

And hey, if you are pregnant, There is still a large possibly that everything will go perfectly! Don't stress it. It's all in gods hands now ;)

Glycerin19 December 28th, 2012 11:49 AM

I haven't taken BC in over a decade, so maybe it doesn't work like this anymore, but my understanding was that it makes your body think it's already pregnant. So I would guess that you are not going to ovulate this month. I know that I got pregnant the very next month after stopping the pill with my first. In fact 3 of 4 of my pregnancies were because whether on the pill or from a chemical pregnancy the month before, my body was gearing up to be pregnant but wasn't. They say that you are extra fertile after those early miscarriages. I had a lot of luck just taking my temp every morning to find out when I ovulated. You can even start temping now and see if it goes up just a little when you think you might ovulate. If it doesn't, then at least you'll know what your baseline is.

Sorry about your accident. If the cop does as he says in his report you should be alright. Plus a lot of companies are offering accident forgiveness stuff now. Maybe you qualify for that?

Jamyandcrew December 28th, 2012 12:13 PM

I agree, if you are pregnant you can still have a perfect pregnancy. My two older sisters are 11 months apart! I can't wait until your next bfp...I will be a huge cheerleader for you!

Ame C December 28th, 2012 05:21 PM

I'm just scared.. :(

.h00dihoo.this. December 28th, 2012 07:11 PM

man that sucks about the accident, i'd be pissed!!!

i wouldnt worry too much about the oopsie.. i mean some have gotten pregnant while on the pill but its still pretty unlikely, not to mention your cycle is most likely not going to be back to norm right off the pill either so your most likely not ovulating like you would be if you werent on the pill!

Antrim December 28th, 2012 07:28 PM

Maybe it will be a good oopsie....lots of kids are!

That sucks about the accident but hopefully his failure to signal will work in your favour.

SarahxSyanide December 29th, 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamyandcrew (Post 26912068)
I can't wait until your next bfp...I will be a huge cheerleader for you!

:ditto:!

Leanne78 January 2nd, 2013 11:48 AM

So sorry about the accident Amy!!! :( I had a jerk slam on his brakes in front of me in the rain once and I slid right into him. I didn't get a ticket for it, but it was considered "my fault". Sounds like you have a good chance on not being found at fault though.

About the pregnancy, lots of people have gotten pregnant right away and been fine. My sister had 2 boys back to back and had no problems with the second pregnancy. It's obviously not the "ideal" but that doesn't mean that things wouldn't go just fine.

nina9809 January 2nd, 2013 12:25 PM

What will be will be...... and this time, if it is meant to be, it will be. Love and prayers. xx