JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Poop colors? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2611555-poop-colors.html)

May14th2011 January 4th, 2013 08:38 PM

Poop colors?

Is it normal for baby poop to change from green to orange throughout the day? I never thought anything of it until MIL was changing Maggie the other day and mentioned that I must have ate something that disagreed with her because the poop was green...

Gripstress January 4th, 2013 08:44 PM

Re: Poop colors?

Yeah Wrenny's also does that...she seems fine and healthy.

Dhartanya January 4th, 2013 08:46 PM

So far Rilynn's has been a pretty consistent mustard color.

I wonder if green poop in babies is the same as in adults.
Sometimes it's because the small intestine "digests" things too quickly (or not at all).

BlueJayBaby January 4th, 2013 08:50 PM

A lactation consultant told me green means gassy.

Danielle226 January 4th, 2013 10:19 PM

We've had a few green poops too. Ped said it's fine and not to worry.

taatie10 January 4th, 2013 10:30 PM

Stays mustard with maybe a green tinge to it just about always.

gardenbelle January 4th, 2013 11:58 PM

My LC told me that green can mean that the baby is getting to much foremilk and not enough of the hind milk. A green poop diaper every once in a while is not something to worry about, but if you get green poops all the time, maybe consider block feeding?

BabyBird January 5th, 2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardenbelle (Post 26937495)
My LC told me that green can mean that the baby is getting to much foremilk and not enough of the hind milk. A green poop diaper every once in a while is not something to worry about, but if you get green poops all the time, maybe consider block feeding?

Ditto.

Cassie.S January 5th, 2013 09:50 AM

Good to know about the colors. I had no idea. Sophia's are always mustard color, though.

May14th2011 January 6th, 2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardenbelle (Post 26937495)

I've been block feeding since you said this and her poop is now mustard yellow, so I'm assuming that was the problem- Thanks!
She was a little put out at first with not switching sides like she was used to, but now she seems okay with it.