JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   When will I sleep again? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2612122-when-will-i-sleep-again.html)

BrooklynBump January 7th, 2013 02:41 AM

When will I sleep again?

I see a lot of you are sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night now but Im wondering at what point did that start? Agatha is just a week old but is up every 2-3 hours and needs about an hour in between those cycles to be feed, changed, rocked, etc.

At what point did your baby start sleeping longer stretches during the night?

Becky_78 January 7th, 2013 04:50 AM

Last night Tyler slept 5 hours straight...he's only done this once before. We are at 3Weeks and 4 days. You will sleep again :)

ash29nc January 7th, 2013 05:08 AM

Re: When will I sleep again?

Took us about a month she sleeps from 10pm till bout 3 then back to sleep till 7

** Tay ** January 7th, 2013 05:44 AM

Blake is 4 weeks today and is almost always 9:30-3, then back down till 7-8...

You will sleep again, promise!

MarlowesMum January 7th, 2013 06:53 AM

With DD1 I remember thinking, "what is all of this - 'your baby will sleep 18-22 hours as a newborn' crap?" because she slept so much less than that...

I didn't get really good stretches of sleep with Marlowe until she was a couple to few months old. Right now, Willa is routinely sleeping about 3-4 hours in the first stretch, and then is up again every 2 hours or so.

It sucks, Stephanie, but it's such a short period of time in the long run...A year from now you probably won't even remember.

Cassie.S January 7th, 2013 07:30 AM

During our 2nd week we started getting some longer stretches of sleep but we still have our rough nights. I'm definitely looking forward to consistently sleeping better!

gardenbelle January 7th, 2013 08:06 AM

When they are 18 (insert evil laugh)!
It totally depends on the baby. With James, there haven't been any 8 hour stretches yet - he just had his first 5 hour stretch last weekend at a month old.
With Penny, she started sleeping 8 hour stretches at 6-8 weeks. With Jack, he didn't sleep 8 hour stretches until at least 9 months and he still wakes up in the middle of the night most nights at 4 1/2.

May14th2011 January 7th, 2013 08:39 AM

Maggie is 3 weeks today and she's only slept in longer stretches (4 hours) twice (at night that is, during the day she can sleep for hours... )

rlh27 January 7th, 2013 09:06 AM

It was about 2 weeks before Caleb slept for 4 hour stretches, and now at almost 4 weeks he's slept a few 6.5 hour stretches :D We still have a few rough nights, but overall things are a lot better than in the beginning. I know it feels like an eternity now, but you both will be sleeping before you know it.

Wishinfor2ndblessing January 7th, 2013 10:17 AM

Sophia is 2 months old and wakes every 4-5 hours

LindseyF January 7th, 2013 04:41 PM

There is no way to foresee your LO's sleeping habits, since they're all so different & unpredictable (as you can see from the responses so far!) I co-sleep for the first 6+ months, so I have no idea when DS began sleeping for long stretches, nor do I know how long Dalya sleeps at 10 days old. But as difficult as these first months can be, they honestly do go SO quickly!!

taatie10 January 7th, 2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynBump (Post 26942972)
I see a lot of you are sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night now but Im wondering at what point did that start? Agatha is just a week old but is up every 2-3 hours and needs about an hour in between those cycles to be feed, changed, rocked, etc.

At what point did your baby start sleeping longer stretches during the night?

Samantha is 4 weeks old and that is pretty much what we are doing too.
My 6-8 hours is only when you add up the 2hrs stretches between 11pm-10am.
And I doubt I'm getting 8hrs now, maybe 6 if I'm lucky since she doesnt want to go back to sleep after feeding around 4-6am. So I can be up nearly 2hrs and then I still have to take her to bed with me. She just started this end of last week.

hilhillrn January 7th, 2013 09:53 PM

I might be getting "8 hrs of sleep" but they definitely aren't all together! We cosleep so I have no idea how many times he wakes up. We dont have an alarm clock so I dont know what times he wakes up. Maybe 2-4x a night, just depends. But I just wake up briefly, latch him on, then go back to sleep. He makes all those crazy newborn sounds that wake me up thinking he wants to nurse, but he'll just wag his head back and forth looking for a boob, but then go back to sleep, lol.

It seems around 3 wks, tho, was when he started being more consistent at night... Going to sleep for the night when we do, doesnt wake up and "party" at night, haha...