JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Tearing/Episiotomy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2612191-tearing-episiotomy.html)

Cassie.S January 7th, 2013 07:37 AM

Tearing/Episiotomy

Did you tear or have an episiotomy during delivery?

If yes, how bad was it?

Had you tried anything while pregnant to prevent it?

Dhartanya January 7th, 2013 07:46 AM

Re: Tearing/Episiotomy

I tore. A little more then a little tear.
Did nothing during to recent it.
Due to her hand being above her head, I probably couldn't have avoided tearing.

MarlowesMum January 7th, 2013 07:46 AM

I ended up with a small epesiotomy during labor - but it wasn't too bad. It's doing fine...and I'm sure that when I go in for my 6 week check up the OB will tell me that it's looking great.

Those dang hemmorhoids on the other hand...

BrooklynBump January 7th, 2013 07:55 AM

3rd degree tear

I did the massaging a bit but I really don't think it would have made a difference.

Evidently Im small down there which is brutally unfair considering the size of my hips and my ***!

Cassie.S January 7th, 2013 08:01 AM

Did you tear or have an episiotomy during delivery? Yes, I had a small tear

If yes, how bad was it?
Just 1st degree

Had you tried anything while pregnant to prevent it? I was doing the perineal massage every morning for about 1.5 weeks before I went into labor. I'm not sure if that's what really helped or if it was just a coincidence. My nurses also massaged me while I was delivering.

rlh27 January 7th, 2013 08:27 AM

I tore in three spots. I had done some massaging before hand, but it apparently did nothing. They're healing fine, though. They don't bother me anymore, and most of the stitches are gone.

And Maggie, I'm with you on the hemorrhoids, they are KILLING me!

Marie.sThrees January 7th, 2013 08:40 AM

I had a small tear even though my baby and his head were rather small. He came with one push so I think that's why. I had a few stitches but nothing bad in the recovery dept. I, too, am crying the hemorrhoid blues however.

Becky_78 January 7th, 2013 08:41 AM

I had a small tear, but they didn't really discuss it much. I did get a couple stitches but I don't know how many. Sigh. We did massage for a while but I think because of his hand being by his head it didn't matter.

lilemma86 January 7th, 2013 09:58 AM

I had a small tear that the midwife offered to put a stitch in but left it up to me. I opted out of the stitches and it has healed wonderfully! I also had a small tear at the top that has a small scar but I have been happy with the recovery.

I did nothing ahead of time

Shades of Grey January 7th, 2013 11:43 AM

I did not tear at all. I was surprised since I did with my first. I didnt do anything ahead of time. They didnt even have a chance to do anything while I delivered as he was born within one contraction.

MarlowesMum January 7th, 2013 11:50 AM

Apparently, episitomies are just not the thing any more...I seem to be the only one whose had one.

Miss Kelly January 7th, 2013 11:59 AM

I tore, not sure how bad it was but it did not really hurt during or after. I got stitches and feel good as new. I'm hoping she put in a couple extra so im not super stretched out down below.

I did nothing prior.

But I do have one mammoth roid. Every day it gets smaller. I'm just so glad it doesn't hurt like it did while pregnant!

MarlowesMum January 7th, 2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Kelly (Post 26944924)
I got stitches and feel good as new. I'm hoping she put in a couple extra so im not super stretched out down below.

On that note...funny story. When the OB was stitching me up, she apparently started the stitching process without her usual lighting set up (it's like a movie set down there). The nurse was like, "OH - let me get your lights for you!" And the OB kind of waived her off and was like, no, it's fine. Which is when I piped up...No really, let her get the lights for you, I don't need you sewing the wrong hole closed. I don't think she appreciated my humor...because I'm fairly certain that she did throw in a few extranneous and unnecessary stitches down there.

jamiemama90 January 7th, 2013 01:02 PM

Small tear inside. No stitches though. Its healing great!

gardenbelle January 7th, 2013 02:24 PM

I had a second degree tear but the dr said it's almost a first degree tear which really surprised me that I didn't tear worse considering he was sunny side up. I had a 3rd degree with Jack, so this is nothing big. :) I didn't do any types of massage prior.
As for the H issues, IDK what is going on back there, but it hurts to poo! Wahh!
On a better note - Maggie, it is so good to see some posts from you! I've missed you!

Becky_78 January 7th, 2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarlowesMum (Post 26944957)
On that note...funny story. When the OB was stitching me up, she apparently started the stitching process without her usual lighting set up (it's like a movie set down there). The nurse was like, "OH - let me get your lights for you!" And the OB kind of waived her off and was like, no, it's fine. Which is when I piped up...No really, let her get the lights for you, I don't need you sewing the wrong hole closed. I don't think she appreciated my humor...because I'm fairly certain that she did throw in a few extranneous and unnecessary stitches down there.

Funny...I had completely TD posited experience. The doc kept telling me to relax & put my butt down since I completely tensed up since everything felt so mangled. I remember asking if he was done yet & him replying - this is more important than plastic surgery...I need to take my time!

taatie10 January 7th, 2013 05:09 PM

Did you tear or have an episiotomy during delivery? Espisiotomy

If yes, how bad was it? Not too bad. Not sure how many but OB said was only a couple stitches. Had some pain and the one remaining stitch is kinda irritating

Had you tried anything while pregnant to prevent it? No.

Crystallee January 7th, 2013 07:59 PM

Nope nothing. I didn't do anything either.

dibbers January 8th, 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarlowesMum (Post 26944860)
Apparently, episitomies are just not the thing any more...I seem to be the only one whose had one.

I had one too!! I looked as soon as I was allowed to stand up and was pretty ok with what I saw. Yesterday on the other hand, when I looked again, there was a gaping hole!! No wonder I cant sit down :cry:
Midwife is coming to look tomorrow and hopefully book me in to be restitched or put me on antibiotics.

caajje6 January 9th, 2013 11:00 AM

Did you tear or have an episiotomy during delivery? Neither, not even with his 9lb and 14.5" head! I tore a little with all my other kids too so I was surprised!

If yes, how bad was it?

Had you tried anything while pregnant to prevent it? Nope