JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Pump, pump, pump... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2625144-pump-pump-pump.html)

Leanne78 February 13th, 2013 11:37 AM

Pump, pump, pump...

Where are all our pumpers? How often are you pumping now and for how long? And do you ever find yourself hearing words from your pump? I swear this morning it was saying "Flaco, Flaco, Flaco". Guess my Medella is a Raven's fan...

I'm trying to keep it steady at 4 pumps a day. Morning session sometimes goes 45 minutes because I'm sleeping through the night and if I don't get it all out, I'm in agony. Regular sessions are about 30 minutes beginning to end.

melaniek85 February 13th, 2013 12:03 PM

Re: Pump, pump, pump...

Not going well for me. I had stopped pumping for 2 weeks because Frankie decided to breastfeed..well, now he hates to breastfeed, just refuses and I can't find the time to pump. Only able to get in 2 pump sessions a day and my supply is dropping quick. Only a matter of time before he is on only formula, I think I've accepted that now and am ok with it.

Antrim February 13th, 2013 01:28 PM

I totally hear words when I pump!! Thought I was crazy.

Leanne78 February 14th, 2013 07:23 AM

Lol, you aren't crazy, I always hear a different word or phrase each day! ;)

TVH February 14th, 2013 11:09 AM

I'm glad to hear other people hear "words" when they pumps :)

I pump in the morning after I feed and then on days I work I pump as soon as I get home and some days I pump right before bed. So far I've been able to pump enough to get her through the day while I'm at work but it can be a struggle. So far I have not used any of the milk I froze but I know it is just a matter of time.

Cocoa Sashimi February 16th, 2013 12:35 PM

Pumping is going well. My pump says, "We pump. We pump."

MommaHarvey February 16th, 2013 08:13 PM

Going good. I pump 3-4 times a day during the week. 3-30min sessions and 1-10min session. I don't always pump on the weekends since I'm home. And my pump must not be friendly because it doesn't talk to me.

-Brandy- February 19th, 2013 10:35 AM

I don't pump anymore, but when we first brought Juliet home I TOTALLY thought my pump was talking to me...and mine said We pump too! I think its lack of sleep talking :smile:

Belita February 19th, 2013 03:30 PM

I think I hear words, too! Different every time for me.

Derby Girl February 26th, 2013 08:04 AM

I pump at 5:15am, 8:30am (just started squeezing in this session), 11am and 1:45pm. I am only pumping 2-3 oz each session (decrease), but I am still making enough bm to replace the 2 4oz bottles she eats while I'm at work. I nurse when I'm home and on weekends.

Hopolka February 27th, 2013 08:14 AM

I work three days a week and pump 3-10 minute sessions (3-4oz). I EBF on my days off and weekends but sometimes pump afterward 1-2x. Usually those pumping sessions only yield 1-3oz. Probably because she gets most of it BF prior. My pump just makes air noises but some days I feel like its whispering to me ;).