JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Any tips..airplane? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2625786-any-tips-airplane.html)

TammyLynn1993 February 15th, 2013 06:09 AM

Any tips..airplane?

So I'm going to TX on tuesday and we are taking AirTran..we got a seat for baby..as I don't want her on my lap this young. The flight is going to be 4 hours, 1 stop for 30 minutes. Does anyone have any tips for flying with baby? Thank you! And I'm thinking about taking the 8oz premade bottles.

Pixie February 15th, 2013 07:54 AM

Re: Any tips..airplane?

Having her own seat will make things easier since you can use her carseat. Make sure she has something to suck on during take off and landing - either a paci or a bottle - as that will help with her hears popping with the pressure. The premade bottles are a good idea and when it comes to formula, they typically only let you take enough for the fight - so 1 or 2 bottles. The rest you can check in your luggage. Otherwise, that's about it. There's not a whole lot you can do to entertain a baby this age other than feed her. :)

TammyLynn1993 February 15th, 2013 12:47 PM

Can i feed her in the carseat? ty for the tips :) btw do they open he premade bottles bec once they are open they are only good for 1 hr :(

Cocoa Sashimi February 16th, 2013 12:14 PM

Ten Tips for Flying with Babies - All About Airplane Travel with Kids | Travel | Disney Family.com
How to Fly with Baby
HealthyChildren.org - Flying with Baby
Guide to Firsts: Flying with your baby | BabyCenter

nataliamw February 17th, 2013 08:13 PM

No they don't open anything, but they will ask you to put all the baby liquids on a separate tray so they can run it through a special machine. Put them all into a gallon size clear zip bag to make it easy. And they will make you hold the baby through the xray gate, while the stroller will have to go onto the conveyer belt just like your purse and jacket.
I travelled with an 8 week old to Europe by myself - it was a bit crazy, but doable if you are highly motivated to travel :) I think I got past the whole bacteria/dirt thing when I looked away for a moment and next thing I saw was my infant licking the wall of the plane. Guess what, she is two years old now and thriving :)

TammyLynn1993 February 18th, 2013 08:51 PM

Thanks for the advice :)! Should I put them each into a seperate bag or just all 3 in the same bag? And wow stroller on the belt o.o' sounds kinda hard to fit even with the stroller closed.

fancypants27 February 19th, 2013 04:33 AM

Bring several changes of clothes for baby. For some reason flying always gave zoey the runs...

Leanne78 March 7th, 2013 07:50 AM

How did the trip with baby go Tammy?

TammyLynn1993 March 7th, 2013 08:56 AM

Trip went really well :)! I did have to change her clothes on the plane she destroyed them lol. Security was easier then I thought. Everyone loved her :)! We came back Monday just me and Isabella to get her shots and was going to stay a month. But now we have to go back tuesday because i found out my SO's mom has kidney cancer :(.

Leanne78 March 7th, 2013 10:57 AM

Glad it went well! So sorry to hear about your SO's mom though. :(