JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   suggestions......? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2633604-suggestions.html)

kearsty20 March 10th, 2013 10:50 PM

suggestions......?

my son loves loves loves food. hes a very solid little boy. a lot of the time when his food is gone he fusses for more, i can not eat in front of him unless i share or give him something or he will throw a fit so i have to hide. he eats plenty! breakfast he gets six oz of milk one egg half a banana and sometimes half a piece of bread and will eat it all. lunch he gets half a sandwich some avocado and try to squeeze in a fruit and dinner usually just what we have. he still breast feeds and drinks water all day and gets a snack in between meals so he is not hungry. i have never seen a baby this obsessed over food. he has also mauled other kids who had food trying to get to their food. any advice on how to get him to not think about his taste buds all the time.

Blue-Jay March 11th, 2013 09:49 AM

Re: suggestions......?

Wow, that's a tough one. Robby also loves to eat and he will "beg" (for lack of a better term) if we eat in front of him, too, lol. I probably wouldn't worry about it too much if the pediatrician hasn't said anything to you; he'll likely outgrow it. I know there are times when Robby eats more than I would think would possibly fit in his belly (it's usually a growth spurt), and other times when he isn't really interested in anything I offer him. It sounds like Zaiden is eating healthy food, so I wouldn't discourage him from trying new things and learning to enjoy all kinds of different foods! He'll develop other interests in time. When he gets bigger, you can all be active together and it'll burn off all the extra calories; for now, he's got lovable chub. :)

Spyctre March 11th, 2013 01:12 PM

Winter Rose, too! If you are eating, she must also be eating even if she just ate! She's long and thin so I have no idea where it goes. she is pretty active at sometimes. Maybe just burning it off quick?

I sometimes have to put her in her highchair just so her sister can eat in peace!

kearsty20 March 11th, 2013 09:33 PM

im glad my son isnt the only one! i mean he does have an obsession with food and i will probably talk with the pediatrician about it.

Iluvmybabies* March 12th, 2013 11:00 PM

Katara is the same she loves to eat and has to eat when anyone else is eating but she is tall and thin so I'm ok with it

kearsty20 March 13th, 2013 09:02 PM

yea i mean i would feel better if he wasnt getting so chunky. he throws fits if i say no and he always points to the kitchen he does not have a full button. food is the only thing that gets him upset