JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   What type of a mom are you? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2636828-what-type-mom-you.html)

nataliamw March 21st, 2013 07:13 PM

What type of a mom are you?

With Lucy, who will soon turn 2, I just could not wait to see the next thing she would learn to do. I could not wait for her to sit up, eat solids, crawl and then walk.
With Adam, however, I am much more laid back - I feel like I already know what's ahead, kind of like a movie I have seen, so I'm not at the edge of my seat hah, so I am just enjoying the present, smelling the roses and cherishing every moment because babies grow so fast.
So what type of a parent are you? Impatiently excited or laid back? :)

Mommyx12 March 21st, 2013 07:59 PM

Re: What type of a mom are you?

I'm pretty laid back about most things. I actually want time to slow down a little bit. They grow so fast!

SarahxSyanide March 22nd, 2013 08:54 AM

I'm very excited for Genevieve to learn new things! Milestones. Getting teeth or eating solids. It's all very exciting! On the other hand, I already miss how little she was when she first came home! She is growing up so fast! She'll be 5 months in a few days!

Leanne78 March 22nd, 2013 10:28 AM

I'm more laid back this time around. I actually DON'T want Cam hitting too many milestones right now. With your first, you are in such a hurry for them to roll over, sit up etc... I know how much easier it is though when they are completely immobile, so I'd be happy if Cam took her sweet loving time. Akadia was walking by 10 months and I haven't had a moments peace since then!

MomtoCarly&Sofia March 22nd, 2013 11:00 AM

Definitely laid back. I was so anxious for my first to do everything, but with my second and this time I'm in no hurry. Especially this time knowing he's my last baby. I'm enjoying every second of him being my little baby.

KatherineD March 22nd, 2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy x 10 (Post 27218476)
I'm pretty laid back about most things. I actually want time to slow down a little bit. They grow so fast!

yes yes yes! I want time to slow down. I'm very laid back. After 7 years in this parenting gig, I take things as they come and try not to rush things!

alybr March 22nd, 2013 04:11 PM

Even though M is my first I'm laid back about it all.... I saw how quickly my sisters kids grew, and also want time to slow down... Don't know where the last 4 months have gone already! ;(

nataliamw March 22nd, 2013 08:02 PM

also I feel that since this time it's a boy, he may one day grow apart from me (I imagine my daughter and I can always be close but what if my boy grows up to be this tough dude who hates mommy's kisses), so I'm taking advantage of the time now when he is so sweet and cuddly :)

Glycerin19 March 23rd, 2013 08:35 AM

I'm way more laid back in terms of milestones, but I'm a constant worrier this time too. It's the PP anxiety getting to me. So while I want her to go slowly, I often compare her to her siblings and worry she's not doing as well. It's all in my head though.

Your son will always want those snuggles, he might just act like he doesn't. My twelve year old sometimes acts like that, but he still needs me to be sweet with him anyway.