JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   TOTW Reviewer is LUCY!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2637538-totw-reviewer-lucy.html)

Crystallee March 25th, 2013 02:27 AM

TOTW Reviewer is LUCY!!!

Post your toy here and we will all q&a you. Also if you can catch a pic of LO playing with said toy!

rlh27 March 25th, 2013 07:37 AM

Re: TOTW Reviewer is LUCY!!!

The toy I would like to review is the Infantino Jittery Lion:

Infantino Plush Lion Vibrating Vibrates Crinkle Rattle | eBay

This is a really good toy for this age group. You can attach it to baby's activity mat, stroller, car seat, etc and it provides instant entertainment. It is colorful and interesting for baby to look at, the feet act as a rattle, it vibrates when you pull it down, and the mane is made of that crinkly material. What I like about this toy is it is that it can be played with no matter what baby's mood is. If he's in a chill mood, it's a good cuddle toy, if he's in a playful mood, the rattle or vibration is exciting for baby. Personally I really like how this toy is multisensory without going overboard with it. Some toys try to incorporate so many things (crinkles, taggies, rattle, teether, etc.), but this toy has a good balance of things baby can explore without being overwhelming.

I have two complaints. First, the legs tend to get tangled and sometimes Caleb gets his fingers stuck in them. It's not a big deal as it can't hurt him, but it upsets him when it happens. Second, it can't really be washed. I mean, you can wish it with a rag, but that doesn't get all the baby nastiness off of it.

Not a great picture of the lion, but you can see how happy Caleb is playing with it.
http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...94cfa841be.jpg

Marie.sThrees March 25th, 2013 09:03 AM

That stinks you can't wash it. :/ That would dissapoint me too, cause my boys get everything gross! Did you buy it yourself or get it as a gift?

I love the pic of Caleb! He looks so happy!

rlh27 March 28th, 2013 06:32 AM

*bump*

What other questions/ comments do ya'll have?

rlh27 April 1st, 2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie.sThrees (Post 27226991)
Did you buy it yourself or get it as a gift?

It was a hand me down from a friend, but I've seen similar toys at Walmart. They make a few different animals.

Blcooper32 April 1st, 2013 08:23 AM

How long is the hanging string on it? I have found it hard to find toys to hang from their carseat they are all either to long and are all in their face or to high for them to reach

rlh27 April 1st, 2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blcooper32 (Post 27246607)
How long is the hanging string on it? I have found it hard to find toys to hang from their carseat they are all either to long and are all in their face or to high for them to reach

Caleb can reach the feet from the car seat, which is the only thing he really needs to reach at this point, but for the stroller I need several links to get it at the right level. There's no real string holding it because the legs are so long, I totally understand what you mean about having a hard time getting toys that dangle at the correct height. You'd think they'd test that out before selling it.

Blcooper32 April 2nd, 2013 09:29 AM

you would think but i guess since all carseats are different they cant really test every on. my kids also have short arms lol

Cassie.S April 2nd, 2013 11:41 AM

Looks like a fun toy and he sure seems to like it!