JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Here comes Peter Cotton Tail.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2638226-here-comes-peter-cotton-tail.html)

Leanne78 March 27th, 2013 07:02 AM

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail....

Hopping down the bunny trail...

Anyone have plans for Easter? I feel bad because we have NOTHING planned. Last year, we took Akadia on an egg hunt (which she LOVED) and went to church and dinner with my parents. This year, my sister left her church so no egg hunt there, my dad's knee just got operated on, so they aren't going to church or doing dinner. DH and I gave up on church in the winter when everyone was dropping like flies from the flu and I didn't want the girls in the nursery. So not sure what we will do. I'm thinking I will at least decorate some eggs with Akadia and I might do our own private egg hunt in the back yard.

MomtoCarly&Sofia March 27th, 2013 07:32 AM

Re: Here comes Peter Cotton Tail....

Doing dinner here with my mom and her boyfriend. And I just decided this morning to do an egg hunt in our front yard since its going to be nice out. Should be a relaxing day, I hate being stressed out on holidays!

melaniek85 March 27th, 2013 07:53 AM

Easter is not really a huge deal for us. My mom is making ham, so we will be making a trip to Pa for that. We will dye eggs and I made Frankie a basket with some toys. I can't wait till he's old enough to actually dye eggs and do an easter egg hunt.

Pixie March 27th, 2013 09:30 AM

Planning on dying eggs with DS the night before and church that morning. We'll go eat somewhere for lunch and let him hunt for eggs afterwards. We live pretty far from most family, so nothing huge.

Country928 March 27th, 2013 09:35 AM

Dying eggs and Dinner. Thats about all we do every year.

Glycerin19 March 29th, 2013 03:08 PM

If we do anything this year it's going to have to be quite late. I've got nothing and I really wouldn't mind just skipping it anyway. The lady who cut our hair today was asking my daughter if she had plans and I wanted her to stop talking about it so badly! My daughter wants to do a scavenger hunt, but I have no time to plan that.

Belita March 29th, 2013 03:17 PM

We're at the point with my mom where it's any time now (she's had her last rites) so all of our plans are tentative. I have an Easter basket for Sean. tomorrow we're taking Sean to the zoo then staying the night at my parents' house. Sunday we're going to lunch with DH's family then coming home. All of this depends on my mom, though.

Hopolka March 29th, 2013 03:42 PM

I'll be working. I think DH is taking Annalise to my MIL for church and dinner afterward. I might join the fam for games later in the evening but thats debatable since I've been sick. I really need some serious R & R.

alybr March 30th, 2013 07:34 AM

We will be stopping at the in laws first, then having an early dinner with my mom and all the extended family. She usually does an egg hunt there for my sister's kids. No dying eggs this year, next year I'll start with M.....

Ame C March 30th, 2013 09:58 PM

In the past years DH and I dye eggs the day before Easter, then I make potato salad with the eggs in the morning + ham and all that other good stuff. To be honest I wasn't feeling up to doing that this year but I had a change of heart. I've had really bad insomnia lately so boiling and coloring a few eggs should keep me semi-busy.

I hope everyone has a relaxing day tomorrow with their loved ones, Happy Easter.