JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Do I have the only non walker? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2661195-do-i-have-only-non-walker.html)

The Lesha June 24th, 2013 09:02 PM

Do I have the only non walker?

Raini turned 1 on June 14th and she isnt walking. she cruises and shes pulling up... but she wont take steps, she just sits down and crawls where she wants to go. she wont let me hold her hands and walk her, she wants to crawl. Should I be worried?

Sincat June 25th, 2013 04:41 AM

Re: Do I have the only non walker?

If your Dr's not worried I wouldn't worry too much. Evan was an early walker (unassisted at Easter) so he's already almost running, lol. He's been kind of an early bloomer with a lot of stuff though. Some things we did to encourage Evan were:
*Keep the shoes off (Evan used his toes to balance/feel the ground so he wouldn't walk in shoes for the longest time).
*Lots of carpet/floor time.
*Playing "Come to Mama/Dada" (This really worked for us. We would sit on the floor with Evan, stand him out a few feet in front of us & then call him toward us. He would take a step or 2 then fall & it was a bit of a process but eventually he made it & then we would move progressively farther & farther away & sooner or later he was walking!
Hope this helps!

humnck June 25th, 2013 08:04 AM

No, they don't start to worry until around 16 months, my niece didn't walk until she was 15 months, DD1 didn't walk until she was 13 months. Some babies just don't walk until after their 1st bday.

amberj90 June 25th, 2013 08:43 PM

Ethan isn't walking either. I'm not worried about it though. He was kind of late on crawling too. I honestly think he's just too lazy cause he will stand and walk around with a push toy, or if I'm holding his hands. He actually walks better with shoes though, so when I practice with him I always make sure he has them on. Tennis shoes work best for us.

Kumii June 27th, 2013 04:47 PM

Don't worry. Average age for kids to walk, here in Canada, is 14 months, I think. Definitely no worries. She prefers crawling because she is more efficient. She will get there!

LJD3Tdance June 27th, 2013 11:47 PM

I don't think you should be worried at this point. Terra was super early walking, but she doesn't talk...

The Lesha July 10th, 2013 10:52 PM

Thanks ladies! Its really a relief to hear this. Im just concerned because my boys were walking by now. my oldest walked at 7 mths and my youngest son right before his first bday. my DH keeps saying, she doenst walk because shes the princess and she doesnt have too. lol its probably true...

Celry July 12th, 2013 07:26 AM

Not walking yet. She can take a few steps, but rarely does.