JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   First Birthday Planning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2677636-first-birthday-planning.html)

Cassie.S September 9th, 2013 07:47 AM

First Birthday Planning

I can't believe we're getting close to first birthdays already, the time has gone by way too fast! But I thought it might be helpful to have a place where we can all share ideas for these little ones first birthday parties. If you have links to anything, please share!

Do you have a date picked out:
Will it be at your house or a venue:
Do you have a theme:
Colors:
Do you have a special outfit for LO:
Decoration ideas:
Will you do a smash cake:
Any special birthday traditions you will start:
Anything else:

Cassie.S September 9th, 2013 07:58 AM

Re: First Birthday Planning

Do you have a date picked out: I'm thinking 12/7
Will it be at your house or a venue: At our house
Do you have a theme: Owls. That's been our theme with her nursery, baby shower, so I figured might as well end the first year with owls as well.
Colors: pink and gold
Do you have a special outfit for LO: I have seen so many cute ones, but haven't decided yet. I did order a pink tutu but need a shirt to go with it.
Decoration ideas: I'm going to hang a string in the hall and clip each of her monthly growth pics to it with gold glitter clothespins I ordered. I'm going to somehow decorate her highchair but haven't decided on that one yet. I have a lot of other ideas in mind but haven't decided for sure yet.
Will you do a smash cake: yes! I'm debating if I want to attempt making it myself or not.
Any special birthday traditions you will start: I saw the idea of making a time capsule for her to open on either 16th or 18th birthday. I'm going to do that. I'll make cards with everyone to fill out predictions for her and put some info on what the world was like during her first year of life. Maybe some other things as well, need to do some more searching on this.
Anything else: Oh I think I'm also going to put together a slideshow of pictures and maybe some video over her first year and have that run continuously on the TV throughout the party.

Nervous Newbie September 9th, 2013 09:12 AM

Do you have a date picked out: Since his birthday is Thanksgiving week, he is getting 2 parties lol. One will be 11/16 when my MIL is here visiting and the other probably 11/29 or 11/30 when we at my parents for Thanksgiving.

Will it be at your house or a venue:Our house and my parents

Do you have a theme:Right now thinking pumpkins and fall

Colors:Oranges, reds, browns

Do you have a special outfit for LO:Not yet, but want to order him a t-shirt or something

Decoration ideas:May raid a pumpkin patch or use our fall/thanksgiving decor lol

Will you do a smash cake:oh yes

Any special birthday traditions you will start:Not sure really. So far he is getting 2 parties like I always did as a kid

Anything else:Just playing on Pinterest for ideas of things. Found a little hat I want to get him and thinking of getting him a little outdoor playground thing. May play a lot of Smashing Pumpkins music and let the kids go nuts with the pumpkins at the end of it all lol

rlh27 September 9th, 2013 01:33 PM

Do you have a date picked out: Not sure right now, it depends on when DH is away for school.

Will it be at your house or a venue: just something small at our apartment

Do you have a theme: I'm thinking ducks. Caleb has several ducks that he likes to play with, so I think he'd have fun with that

Colors: Yellow and orange

Do you have a special outfit for LO: not yet, I'm sure I'll find something on sale

Decoration ideas: rubber duckies, orange & yellow crepe paper, and balloons

Will you do a smash cake: I'm thinking of doing banana bread with a yogurt frosting instead. Same effect, less sugar. Of course, I'll probably get a little cake and ice cream for the adults, hehe

Any special birthday traditions you will start: we plan on getting Caleb a book each birthday. When he's old enough he'll get to pick it out on his birthday.

Anything else: not that I can think of

Wishinfor2ndblessing September 9th, 2013 02:01 PM

Do you have a date picked out: 11/09 (That way Hannah can be there since she is gone the weekend of Sophia's birthday)
Will it be at your house or a venue: Our house
Do you have a theme: Not yet, Been tossin around ideas, maybe owls, or sock monkey, or teddy bears.... not sure...
Colors: Not sure, pink and something prob.... havent solidified since there is no theme yet.
Do you have a special outfit for LO: Prob a onsie and tutu
Decoration ideas: Streamers, I like Cassies idea of hanging the monthly pics.... might steal that...
Will you do a smash cake: Absolutely
Any special birthday traditions you will start: Not that I know of.
Anything else: Everything is really still up in the air... although Hannah's birthday is next month and Sophia's is just 10 days later sooo I need to work on it... AGH!!!!

BrooklynBump September 11th, 2013 09:56 AM

Do you have a date picked out: probably Saturday Dec 28 (Id prefer to delay til jan but i dont think that will work out)

Will it be at your house or a venue: probably a venue

Do you have a theme: Agatha in ONEderland maybe. Its kind of a common theme but I dont have any other great ideas. If I could find a good Sesame Street Count costume, I might do a counting theme but all of the costumes are weak.

Colors: Not yet

Do you have a special outfit for LO: No but I might dress her up like Alice in Wonderland if i can find a cute dress.

Decoration ideas: I'd like to do rabbit and "1" topiaries and stacked tea cups but I haven't thought that far ahead. I'll definitely do the photo collage that is in the shape of a 1.

Will you do a smash cake: No

Any special birthday traditions you will start: Im sure some will develop over time but I dont have any Im purposefully doing now.

Anything else:

Crystallee September 14th, 2013 01:42 PM

Do you have a date picked out: 11/23
Will it be at your house or a venue: Venue I am renting a hall for it
Do you have a theme: Something like peaches and cream pearls and lace something very girly
Colors: pinks creams
Do you have a special outfit for LO: I am making a rag tutu
Decoration ideas: I am going to have a big 1 made out of pictures of her, pictures of her daddy, lots of lace and tulle and pretty food as decorations.
Will you do a smash cake: Yep. I am going to make a low sugar kind of my own
Any special birthday traditions you will start: Hmm not sure.
Anything else: Not really. Going to have somebody bring a slide for the kiddos.

taatie10 September 19th, 2013 09:47 AM

Do you have a date picked out: No, but probably be 12/7 or 12/4

Will it be at your house or a venue: Dont have any idea yet. DH & I touched on the subject but we said well talk about it when it gets closer

Do you have a theme: No, might do teddy bears or maybe Monkey's since monkey's were my baby shower and her room.

Colors: Depends on what we do for a theme

Do you have a special outfit for LO: Wont decide till it gets closer and I really know what sizes she'll be wearing since she is so behind & off in sizes

Decoration ideas: Probably wont go crazy, maybe some banners or streamers.

Will you do a smash cake: Yes.

Any special birthday traditions you will start: I plan on doing just like my mom did and make & decorate her birthday cakes each year

Anything else:

What are you going to get LO for their birthday??

daffneyc October 2nd, 2013 06:47 PM

I got nothing LOL

Cassie.S October 2nd, 2013 07:36 PM

I just ordered Sophia's birthday shirt after going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth on what I wanted. We're doing pink and gold, so she'll wear this with a pink tutu and I have a gold glitter with pink bow headband. Cute, right?!

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...721521a538.jpg

Cassie.S October 3rd, 2013 10:16 AM

I think I've changed my theme. I was going to do owls, since that's kind of been her thing, but after doing more searching for pink and gold things, I've found a lot of cute ideas for a princess theme. I love this invite!

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...b29728cb45.jpg

Cassie.S October 5th, 2013 10:46 AM

What is everyone going to do for food?

Nervous Newbie October 5th, 2013 11:30 AM

Thanksgiving leftovers lol just kidding.

burnbot October 5th, 2013 12:36 PM

I have been working on the ideas for Zoey's party. The theme will be Sofia the First. I found really cute outfits at the disney store and may let her wear a Sofia dress. I might make a dress though. Not sure yet. I am doing this idea from pinterest for the first year pictures. Banner. Would be so fun at graduation party, or 18th ... | birthday

Of course i will use a pic for each month instead of each year....

Super - Mommy October 6th, 2013 06:21 PM

Do you have a date picked out: Not yet
Will it be at your house or a venue: Our house!
Do you have a theme: Not yet
Colors: Not yet
Do you have a special outfit for LO: Nope
Decoration ideas:
Will you do a smash cake: I think so!
Any special birthday traditions you will start: No special birthday traditions, just a great time :)
Anything else:

Cassie.S October 16th, 2013 06:14 AM

After searching and getting some outrageous cake estimates, I finally found a very reasonable place and ordered Sophia's cakes yesterday!

I'm getting two smash cakes like this (1 for her photo shoot and 1 for her party):

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...9de104cd8e.jpg

And then her big cake will be like this except the bottom layer will be ombre from dark pink at the bottom up to white and the top layer will be white and it will have a gold tiara.

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...6c1438e418.jpg

burnbot October 23rd, 2013 07:25 AM

Wow Cassie! I love all your ideas! I really do like the Princess theme. That is kind of what we are doing because it will be Sofia the First. I found this awesome tutu highchair decoration for the party and I am going to make one for Zoey's high chair in white and purple. high chair tutu for a 1st bday!! | birthday It's way too cute!

I would b happy to make one for any of you ladies. For a small fee of course. :)