View Single Post
June 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really have a special place in my heart for my grandfather (my mom's dad) and would love to name a son after him..only switch the first and last name places. My mother's maiden name (and his last name of course) is Porter. Which I am starting to Adore for a little boy. Well my grandfather's name is Robert Porter...so I was thinking of maybe using Porter Robert. Robert isn't exactly my style though, so I wasn't really sure about it. But it would have such special significance, ya know? And Robert is also my father's name, and my brother's middle name. So If I had a son and named him Porter Robert (which I think flows very nicely together and sounds very manly and strong-sounding) he would be named after his great-grandfather, grandfather, and uncle all at the same time. Just those facts together makes me kinda get over the fact I don't really prefer the name Robert. What do you think? Do you like the name Porter for a boy? And how about Robert (I know it will prob. not be a style many of you ladies would like..but do you like the whole name significance thing as well)