JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   UPDATE on my cervix.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2573052-update-my-cervix.html)

*Mommy2Remington* September 13th, 2012 02:47 PM

UPDATE on my cervix....

Yea...this 'ol cervix of mine is failing me!!!

My cervix is measuring at 2.4 (they want it between 3-5 at this point). Doc checked me today too. My cervix is softening and dilating from the inside out, also known as funneling. Long story short - My body is trying to go into labor. Ultrasound scheduled again for next week and if my cervix is any shorter, I will be admitted to the hospital 'till further notice. YIKES!!! I'm freaking out a bit. I've got Remi, my 2 year old son, and hubby at home so I'd be in for a change of routine. I am now required to do weekley visits to the OB to keep a close eye and I'm on strict bed rest from here on out.

Please send good vibes..I realllly need it right now :(

Briar08 September 13th, 2012 02:56 PM

Re: UPDATE on my cervix....

I'm very sorry to hear this :(

KUP.

ajones24 September 13th, 2012 02:59 PM

Oh no....So sorry.

mal91011 September 13th, 2012 03:27 PM

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!!

Mommy2_2.5 September 13th, 2012 03:31 PM

You are in my thoughts. I hope bed rest will help and you don't need to be admitted!

Hoping4bby September 13th, 2012 04:21 PM

Im so sorry you are going through this. I hope everything turns out well and you don't have to go to the hospital!

mojomama September 13th, 2012 04:22 PM

I have a short cervix right now! I'm about 50% effaced and a cm dilated. I also had this with my other four kids. two pregnancies involved drugs and steroids and hospital time; the other two involved staying home with the occasional beer. they all involved months of bed rest, and I'm expecting that again this time. BUT- all of my kids have been born at term. pm me if you want to chat. Id be more than happy to share my different experiences.

WENDYLL22 September 13th, 2012 04:23 PM

certainly keeping you in my thoughts and keeping hope that it will straighten out. HUGSSSSS!

SaraSmiles September 13th, 2012 04:30 PM

O wow, thats terrible. May I ask how did you find out originally that your body was attempting to go into labor?? Did you have cramps or something?

I really hope that everything turns out ok and the bed rest is only temperary! If you ever wanna talk because your bored being on bedrest PM me. I am home most of the day usually! Feel better!

Lucky Mama September 13th, 2012 04:35 PM

Oh, gosh! That's not good news, is it? I'll be sending stay out vibes your way. Be sure to make yourself a priority. I know it's hard to do as a mommy, but it sounds like your body could use a little extra rest right now. KUP on how you're doing. :hug:

JennyBaby2013 September 13th, 2012 04:39 PM

Good vibes and lots of hugs headed your way! I hope you are able to avoid going into the hospital.

kbpeanut September 13th, 2012 04:59 PM

Oh yikes. I'm really sorry to hear this! KUP on how things are going and def try and get as much rest as you can! x

LilHerndon September 13th, 2012 05:14 PM

So sorry you have to deal with this! Hoping it goes as smoothly as possible hun. They are keeping a close eye on you so I'm sure all will be well despite the temporary discomfort of bed rest and hospital stay. :(

Lacey_619 September 13th, 2012 05:31 PM

Sorry..that sucks! Praying for you and your little one!

swaddlestar September 13th, 2012 05:35 PM

:(How awful! I'm sorry that you have to be confined to bedrest. I can't imagine how hard that will be with a little guy at home too! My prayers are with you and your baby girl.

marybeth76 September 13th, 2012 05:43 PM

Oh wow, that's no fun at all. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, but I'm really glad you know about it and that they're keeping a close eye on it. Please keep us updated. I'm praying for good news from the u/s next week.

mommysc2 September 13th, 2012 07:40 PM

:bighug:

PickyNicki September 13th, 2012 07:57 PM

:( That stinks. Hope everything looks good next week. I know bedrest isn't fun- I was on it with my 1st. I can't imagine doing it with another child at home. Good luck!

cutebee September 13th, 2012 10:11 PM

Get into bed then! Find a good book to read. Hope things get better!

*Mommy2Remington* September 13th, 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraSmiles (Post 26527667)
O wow, thats terrible. May I ask how did you find out originally that your body was attempting to go into labor?? Did you have cramps or something?

About 2 weeks ago, I started having contractions...and prrrrrrettty painful ones. They were 8 mins apart for about 2-3 hours. I then went potty in the midst of them and was bleeding pretty bad. I went to the hospital and it showed me having contractions. I was told to stay put at home. I had an ultrasound already scheduled so during that ultrasound, is when they discoverd the cervix issues. ANd today, when my OB checked me, he felt it softning.

Ugh.. I'm so 'unsure' about all this. Mixed feelings of being "depressed" about possibly being in the hospital all holiday season.....and the thought of "losing this baby".

Cutebee --- I bought a book on Ebay last week and it came in the mail today :) GO figure right?? Its called "Babyproof your Marriage" -- its AMAAAZING so far and recommend it to ALL of you!! Looks like I'll be getting in lots of reading time. Perhaps A few crotchet blankies for Miss Phiona are in my future :)