JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Meal Planning Monday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2621720-meal-planning-monday.html)

2Corinthians10:4 February 4th, 2013 05:26 AM

Meal Planning Monday

Do you meal plan? What's on your list for today, or even for the whole week?

I thought this might be a great way to help those of us who need ideas for what to eat when we are expecting :)

sweety_pie February 4th, 2013 05:35 AM

Re: Meal Planning Monday

I've been wanting to meal plan, but haven't started yet! I'm interested to see what others are having to eat though! :)

2Corinthians10:4 February 4th, 2013 05:41 AM

I admit I am not really meal planning since I am staying with my grandma. I am planning out my lunches each day and trying to make at least 2 dinners a week for my grandparents though.

Todays meal plan is:

Breakfast: Organic honey greek yogurt and coffee (my one cup for the day)
Snack: Pistachios and a string cheese
Lunch: Salad with baby spinach, radishes, chicken, and avocado and a cutie orange.
Snack: Chicken salad on whole wheat crackers
Dinner: Spaghetti

I will have water to drink with everything except dinner and then I will have milk.

Thunderlily February 4th, 2013 06:04 AM

I have to go shopping soon.... Meals planned for this week are:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (we buy it in 50 lb bags because we eat so much of it!)
Lunches (main dish): Potato soup, lentil Dahl, Rice and beans, homemade pizza, spaghetti, Indian curries, and maybe falafel pita sandwiches..
Suppers: homemade burritos, sandwiches, fruit salads kind of stuff.

drewbears February 4th, 2013 07:58 AM

I don't. I used to meal plan for dinners. I am trying to get back into that. We are so busy with soccer and lax that I need to otherwise we end up eating sandwiches and cereal.

I have found several awesome crockpot meals that are a hit as well as something that can be prepped and frozen, unthawed then put in the crockpot. I haven't don the freezing part yet.

Tonight we will have chicken teriyaki SO SO SO yummy!

MarchMom2007 February 4th, 2013 08:07 AM

We just started and are having beef stew out of the crock pot tonight. Later in the week we are having: chili, nachos, butternut squash soup and homemade pizza. I take leftovers from the night before for lunches at work.

SierraWinter February 4th, 2013 08:27 AM

I don't plan too far out, expect our meat dishes since the elk has to be pulled out and aged at least a week prior to eating. Generally on weekdays I only plan out dinners since they are the larger meal I cook.

Today: make blueberry scones for my hubbies breakfast this week.
Dinner tonight: homemade pasta salad, green salad, quinoa pilaf, elk steaks marinated in gravy.

Tuesday: Brown meat in the am and boil most of the day with seasonings. PM: shred meat, add pasta sauce and make pasta. Green salad side dish.

Wed: Elk strew. Whole wheat buttermilk dinner rolls. Green salad. Probably time to make chocolate chip cookies for my hubbies sweet tooth.

Nothing planned beyond this other than a few cuts of elk aging.

Spyctre February 4th, 2013 10:20 AM

Today I wanted a banana smoothie for breakfast, but I forgot to freeze the bananas so I planned...

breakfast: omelets
snack: coffee or tea for me, yogurt for DD2
lunch: strawberry/mango/peach fruit smoothies
snack: grilled tomatoes w/ cheese
supper: DH wants chicken tortilla casserole
snack: DH will probably have something sweet, I think I'm going to have seconds of supper.

I normally make DD1 something hot and fast before school, the rest of us have fruit smoothies for breakfast. Lunch is something like soup, salads, or sandwiches. DH usually picks a gluten-free supper.

Supper tomorrow is grilled chicken salad. The day after is gluten-free mac & cheese casserole or turkey shepard's pie.

AviatrixMorgan February 4th, 2013 11:51 AM

I meal plan for dinners. It helps with the "what do you want tonight" "I don't know you pick" type of conversations and really saves money too! I meant to make this weeks menu yesterday and hit the store up today, but haven't....oops.

Fortroseberry February 4th, 2013 12:02 PM

I try, but our schedule is so busy, I forget to put in what I was set to make lol

Breakfast
Me: Egg salad sandwich
Kids: Cereal

Lunch
Me: No idea, and i'm hungry :(
Kids: PB&J and fruit

Dinner
Most of us: Chicken fajitas, with leftover 7 layer dip and chips
Picky Kids (2): Cheese Quesadillas

jamieshalon2 February 4th, 2013 12:12 PM

I don't really plan either. I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast with a small 4oz glass of OJ and a 4oz glass of milk. I have been doing that for years though, lol.

I have to go to parent teacher conferences tonight for my 9 year old since today is report card day, so it may be a fend for yourself night. I have loads of left overs from superbowl yesterday and lots of sandwich meat for them too. Not sure what I will have yet.