JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Beads (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2624880-beads.html)

TeresaV February 12th, 2013 05:31 PM

Beads

Is anyone else having a hard time picking beads for the birth bead swap? I've been trying to research different stones and their healing properties. Every website I go to has completely different information. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

navywifey2003 February 12th, 2013 05:41 PM

Re: Beads

I actually found mine at walmart. It doesn't have to be a stone wih healing properties unless that's what you are going for. Really just anything :)

beatlechicksteph February 12th, 2013 05:57 PM

Walmart! I didn't even think to look there, I went to Michael's and was horribly disappointed at their selection. I'll have to check out Walmart. I didn't even think of them.

4hearts February 12th, 2013 06:05 PM

What I did with a couple of mine is looked up the color meaning. Colors have healing properties. None of my beads are "real" but the meaning is what counts. The fact that we are all in this together is what truly matters and what I'm trying to incorporate. Maybe some beads that are your favorite color or style. The cool thing about the bracelets will be how diverse the beads will be. Kinda like carrying the group around on our wrists.

MissyBee February 12th, 2013 06:09 PM

The ones I picked had a few shades of my favorite color. They aren't all exactly the same, but they were the ones I liked best! Now I just need to get everything together to mail them!

MamaSkunk February 12th, 2013 07:04 PM

Im doing two beads that will be sent out. One based off the name of the bead (you will understand when you get them) and the other based off of healing properties and its my fave stone. (And both follow the same color scheme for mine)

navywifey2003 February 12th, 2013 07:35 PM

This is so amazing and I am glad I stumbled across it. :)

momneedscoffee13 February 13th, 2013 04:14 AM

I haven't even gone to look yet, but I know what I'm after, so I hope I can find it!

Lady KW February 13th, 2013 04:33 AM

I found mine yesterday, so excited to share them! Although I hadn't thought about conflicting meanings from various sites- yikes! I think what's most important is what it means to you and sharing that with others. Can't wait!

crawmommy February 13th, 2013 08:24 AM

I finally got my beads last night!! I was totally clueless on what to get...it took me a really long time but I decided on a simple bead with a meaning that will fit for everyone.
me+thousands of bead choices=a disaster!! hahaha

TeresaV February 13th, 2013 04:02 PM

I finally found something I'm happy with. I guess part of my issue was my indecisiveness. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go with something that looked cool, a bead that had meaning based on color, or based on material. The contradictory information just made it worse.