JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Bawling my eyes out (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2628616-bawling-my-eyes-out.html)

TeresaV February 23rd, 2013 10:46 AM

Bawling my eyes out

I just found this story on Pinterest. I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my life.

Enjoying the Small Things: Nella Cordelia: A Birth Story

rcjh12 February 23rd, 2013 10:56 AM

Re: Bawling my eyes out

Someone linked me to this a while back and I bawled, too.

navywifey2003 February 23rd, 2013 11:49 AM

I've read this story several times and its just beautiful.

Gen88 February 23rd, 2013 11:54 AM

Beautiful story! Nella is perfect in every way!

edgeofelise February 23rd, 2013 11:57 AM

I've been a longtime follower of her blog. I love it.

hilachu February 23rd, 2013 12:05 PM

ive followed her blog for a long time as well
she just had her third baby, a boy
love her pictures and the way she writes
Enjoying the Small Things

navywifey2003 February 23rd, 2013 12:31 PM

Her pictures are so beautiful!

safarilime February 23rd, 2013 02:46 PM

It's so crazy trying to think about how you would handle this situation. I think I could do it. I could handle raising a special needs baby but I am worried the DH would be lost. I am a stay at home mom. I could do it.

laurenicole February 23rd, 2013 05:40 PM

I'm wondering how she didn't have any idea until birth? even without genetic testing, aren't there signs, like during anatomy scan, or no?

navywifey2003 February 23rd, 2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenicole (Post 27127896)
I'm wondering how she didn't have any idea until birth? even without genetic testing, aren't there signs, like during anatomy scan, or no?

I know someone who had a similar experience. She had ultrasounds and sometimes it's just not caught.

QueenCrafty February 23rd, 2013 07:24 PM

I remember seeing this. Very emotional but I love her pictures. There was a mom on another forum I'm on that had a similar story. It wasn't caught on testing or the anatomy scan, plus the mom had none of the typical risk factors like age or family history

MrsLat February 23rd, 2013 10:32 PM

Very beautiful story! I teared up too. I am not sure how I would have handled the situation but I know initially it would be devastating. I love that she shared the hard beginning and then how things changed and the bond grew so strong and quickly. She sounds like a super strong lady :D

MamaSkunk February 24th, 2013 07:15 AM

This made me cry because I had a brother born when I was three who had not downs but mental retardation plus alot of other problems because my mom had wayy too much fluid...polyhydraamnios(sp) and during his whole short life my mom kept crying saying she couldnt handle a child with all those problems. She said she just seen a sick baby. I was 3. To me He was perfect and I was so proud and in complete love with him. He passed away cuz my mom had them pull lifesupport. And having been born at 27 weeks gestation he couldnt breathe on his own. I wish my mom had found the same strength this woman did.

TeresaV February 24th, 2013 08:23 AM

It takes a strong couple (in my opinion) to raise a special needs child, but it takes an even stronger person to admit to the feelings that she had initially. It is easy to say that one could raise a special needs child, but to admit the initial feelings she had takes serious guts. I think that is what amazed me about this story more than anything else.