JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pain and pressure when standing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2636567-pain-and-pressure-when-standing.html)

bellasky March 21st, 2013 08:08 AM

Pain and pressure when standing

When I stand or walk around I have a pain and pressure in my abdomen as well as in my pubic area. Feels like the baby weighs a ton. Is it just normal at this stage of pregnancy? I'm thinking so since I'm only 5 weeks out, but just seeing what everyone else thinks.

dylans_mommy March 21st, 2013 08:12 AM

Re: Pain and pressure when standing

I have the same thing. Sometimes when I stand up, I have to kind of hold the bottom of my belly because it hurts so much. I'm 38 weeks and it has been happening for a while. Do you know where baby is? I'm betting our little ones are settling down and preparing for their debut!

MommysPocket March 21st, 2013 08:12 AM

I'd say so. Baby shifts and drops and it creates a whole new set of aches and pains. :/

bellasky March 21st, 2013 08:17 AM

Thanks ladies. Doctor told me a month ago that she had dropped. I'm glad that it's normal.

AngieLMG March 21st, 2013 09:49 AM

I'm having this too. Movement in general really hurts!! I'm hoping it means she's working toward coming out :) I think I'm ready!!!

nameetog March 21st, 2013 09:57 AM

Yep, normal. The longer I have been sitting the worse it is! The end is near!!

anjawb March 21st, 2013 11:16 AM

I have it too!!! all the time. it is so uncomfortable!

JennBer March 21st, 2013 12:02 PM

I'm having it too! In fact I've had it happen a few times in the past few weeks but today it is a little worse and I was just wondering if I should call the doc and was about to get on here and ask the same thing.

Mel_Kay March 21st, 2013 12:17 PM

Completely normal, and although I have experienced this pain 3 times already I am STILL complaining this time around. Just means our little babes are preparing their exit..lol!

Atank03 March 21st, 2013 12:22 PM

Yep same here too! Way worse when I sit or lay for a while then stand up or if I have to pee even a little.

Purple_cat March 21st, 2013 12:59 PM

I have this too, some days are worse than others.

ThaiSpice March 21st, 2013 03:33 PM

Yep, I'd say it's pretty normal.

mama3o March 21st, 2013 05:09 PM

I keep saying it feels like she is gonna fall out, she's so low!!! I get these twinges or pains right around there...Doc says she's just hanging there!

melshaz@earthlnk.net March 21st, 2013 06:21 PM

Me too, lots of pain and pressure but they assured me baby won't fall out. :cool: