JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Baby hand preferences? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2641664-baby-hand-preferences.html)

WENDYLL22 April 8th, 2013 02:43 PM

Baby hand preferences?

:) I am totally gonna jump the gun and call Latham left handed! HA. Little guy uses that hand for everything...grabbing at his bottle, toys, the cats! HA....I guess I would be surprised seeing as everyone else in the family is right handed. Any other babies showing a distinct preference to a hand?

minalyn April 8th, 2013 02:50 PM

Re: Baby hand preferences?

We're on team left too. Unless it's too early to tell??

A.Sue8 April 8th, 2013 02:53 PM

Julius uses his right hand more, I even got him to hold a spoon in his right hand. I'm left handed and right footed and DH is right handed and left footed.

nursingmama April 8th, 2013 04:14 PM

lol im not sure about Felix but around 12 months old I started noticing that Leo (DS1) preferred his left hand over his right. Even though he has been preferring left/right for almost a year Im still not ready to call him left handed because sometimes he will switch to his right hand. Idk if he knows what he is yet! ;D
I wonder at what age you can tell????

MammaWannaBe April 8th, 2013 04:44 PM

I started thinking that Vivi was showing a preference to her right hand because she would put it in her mouth more, but then she started doing it to her left hand and has shown more of a preference rolling to her left (when she does actually roll so who knows!) I'm left handed and my DH is right handed. I am the only one in the family who is left handed and I would love a partner in crime :)

mal91011 April 8th, 2013 05:00 PM

Hubby and I were just talking about this! Just when we think hes dominate on one side, he starts using the other side. So we don't know yet!

kbpeanut April 8th, 2013 05:08 PM

I haven't noticed a hand preference, but he sure has a preference for turning his head to the right...so much so that his ped is suggesting he go to PT for a bit to stretch out his neck muscles!

joellejello April 10th, 2013 08:41 AM

Psssh, Taylor is still figuring out that she HAS hands and can control them!

I can't even tell what hand my 2 year old prefers, he switches often.

mojomama April 10th, 2013 01:09 PM

The hand my kids prefer at about a year seems to be what they stick with. Before then, they've all switched back and forth. I have all righties, even my dd whose sperm donor was a leftie and who was exposed to serial u/s in utero (which increases lefthandedness).