JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Who's taking meds? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2670921-whos-taking-meds.html)

~Kris~ August 7th, 2013 11:27 PM

Who's taking meds?

Besides prenatals or other vitamins, are you taking any meds?

Books_kids August 8th, 2013 12:03 AM

I actually haven't been taking my vitamins and I think it's contributing to my low energy level. Well start again in the morning.

LABs August 8th, 2013 12:10 AM

Re: Who's taking meds?

I'm only on Zantac now! Its nice to only take that with my prenatal vs the handful of pills I needed for survival before.

chelseamb August 8th, 2013 12:43 AM

I'm taking prenatal a, I have to start iron this week and ... I started fluoxetine:(

seatownmama August 8th, 2013 12:44 AM

Prilosec, zantac, zofran occasionally, and magnesium when my BH get uncontrollable.

AmyKC12 August 8th, 2013 02:09 AM

I am not currently taking anything other than prenatal vitamins and occasionally Tylenol for a headache. But this summer cold I have is getting out of control and my ears are starting to ache. I am afraid I am going to need something and I hate taking meds when pregnant.

StacieRN August 8th, 2013 02:41 AM

I take protonix, reglan, doxylamine, metanx, and have daily lovenox injections. :/ I will be so glad to deliver this baby!

hotpinkheels August 8th, 2013 03:34 AM

just the occasional zantac here- otherwise nope!

BlessednHighlyFavored August 8th, 2013 05:08 AM

Yeah . I take keppra for seizures,iron in addition to prenatal,long acting and short acting insulin for diabetes.

Classy August 8th, 2013 05:19 AM

Nope- just prenatals, which I forgetting to take a lot lately!

meritaten August 8th, 2013 06:01 AM

Nexium in the morning, Pepcid at bedtime.

Zofran, phenergan, benadryl as needed for nausea. Only throwing up 3 times a week now on average but I feel nauseous almost all the time still :(

jadeunicorn August 8th, 2013 06:19 AM

Zofran twice a day, tums - I have a feeling I'll need to switch to something more powerful for my reflux soon. Though I think I've made it longer than I did last pregnancy. Found a way to fold a blanket and raise my head a bit more that's helped me not choke on my stomach acid at night.

Oh, and a probiotic every other day.

Otherwise, I'm so horrible remembering to take any vitamins.

~Kris~ August 8th, 2013 07:01 AM

I try to remember to take the prenatal, but I often forget. Ooops!

shana1979 August 8th, 2013 07:49 AM

havent taken the prenatal in a while. just felt icky and attributed it to that. i may need to start taking them again b/c every time i see sand on the tv, i want a mouth full. weird.

i take prilosec every couple of days for the heartburn/reflux. but i think that makes my stomach feel weird b/c i throw up usually the same day i take it. but it's either that or the burning of the acid.

i also take bp meds.

bel78 August 8th, 2013 08:43 AM

I take an oral anti-glycemic called glyburide. And my prenatal.

Nicole B August 8th, 2013 09:00 AM

I take prenatals every day and occasionally a Tums for acid reflux. I have an inhaler and nebulizer in case I need it for my asthma but so far I haven't needed it at all! Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Txmom4 August 8th, 2013 09:23 AM

Zantac and my paid meds for back. I'm going to get off of them soon and just deal with the pain.

PolicemansCowgirl August 8th, 2013 09:36 AM

I take my pre-natals, progesterone injections IM once weekly, and I take hydrocodone on an as needed basis for pain. I was on Lyrica before getting prego and I loved how it wasn't a narcotic and it was actually something that really helped with my nerve pain but since it's a newer drug my OB wanted me to go back to the hydrocodone. I usually end up cutting it in 1/2 becuase I don't care for the feeling it gives me but sometimes i can't avoid taking it. For me on the days my ankle pain (I have 8 pins and 6 wires and a severed nerve) gets to be too much it causes me to feel panicky and I get a very rapid heartrate and usually hyperventilate so this seemed to be the best option. On so so pain days I just take tylenol and tighten my brace.

ducksaresnazzy August 8th, 2013 09:57 AM

i take my prenatal everyday (or Nate would get after me about baby's nutritional needs.. i'm so lucky to be living with an expert on all things baby related) and i take some antibiotics, because since i've gotten pregnant, i've had 2 sinus infections and a chest infection. i'm currently in the process of trying to decide if i'm having another chest infection, or if it's just a chest cold.

NapturalBritton August 8th, 2013 04:30 PM

I take Zofran very rarely, but starting soon I'll be taking something for this newly developed reflux