JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Diapers and baby wipes... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2683596-diapers-and-baby-wipes.html)

mirdeemrlvs October 4th, 2013 07:22 PM

Diapers and baby wipes...

Ok. I have a confession to make. I buy different brands of diapers just to add a little variety to my diaper changing... lol.

I used to only use Luvs brands diapers. I am experimenting with new kinds. I started off with Huggies, but she kept having blow outs... I have not had one blow out since I stopped using Huggies.

I am currently using: Target Brand, Luvs and Kirkland (Costco) brand. We just got the Kirkland brand yesterday and they are a bargain with the coupon! They look kind of like Huggies, but they are really "cut" to fit nicely. Target brand diapers feel kind of weird, and Luvs aren't cut to fit very well, but they are okay.

For baby wipes, I really can't stand Pampers baby wipes. They are so thin you can't really get a good grip on them and you have to use about four of them. My favorites are Huggies. I can clean up baby with ONE!!

What are your favorites? Anyone tried Kirkland baby wipes? I dont' want to have to buy 500 baby wipes to discover I don't like them..... :smile: I don't like the ones that come packaged with the plastic dispenser thing. I have the diaper containers that I res use so I don't like the waste.

Irishgirl99 October 5th, 2013 06:41 AM

Re: Diapers and baby wipes...

We always use Kirkland wipes. They're great!
For diapers I love Pampers Swaddlers. Usually around size 3 we switch to Kirkland brand because they're cheaper but I don't like them as much. They don't feel as soft as the Swaddlers.

cameronzmom October 7th, 2013 07:52 AM

I LOVE huggies diapers. We however use a size up in those bc of the cut. Less diapers = more $$ I've used Target brand, walmart brand, pampers, luvs and huggies. I only like huggies wipes, Pampers esp drive me crazy with out thin and slick they are. I want something that's actually going to scoop the poop off and still be able to be folded and used again if that makes sense.
Who makes Kirkland wipes? I havent heard of them but would be interested in trying them.

BabyT_heart_beat October 7th, 2013 06:56 PM

We use Pampers swaddlers and wipes. I have luvs and huggies pampers and wipes but I haven't used them yet. I may have to pull out the huggies wipes because I hear a lot of good things about them and the pampers wipes are quite thin.

sapphire116 October 9th, 2013 02:34 PM

We used Pampers newborn for the first two weeks until pretty consistently using Huggies. However, that's only because almost every diaper we received as gifts were Huggies. I've got some size 2 Kirkland brand I'm excited to try, as well as size 2 and 3 Luvs. We got one package of Walmart brand diapers that I HATED. However, we've been using the Walmart brand fragrance-free wipes with no issues. They're cheap, thick (but not TOO thick), and Riley's bum hasn't rebelled against them so far.

mirdeemrlvs October 10th, 2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire116 (Post 27715459)
We used Pampers newborn for the first two weeks until pretty consistently using Huggies. However, that's only because almost every diaper we received as gifts were Huggies. I've got some size 2 Kirkland brand I'm excited to try, as well as size 2 and 3 Luvs. We got one package of Walmart brand diapers that I HATED. However, we've been using the Walmart brand fragrance-free wipes with no issues. They're cheap, thick (but not TOO thick), and Riley's bum hasn't rebelled against them so far.

Don't wait too long to use the size two Kirkland diapers, they run small. I can't stand Walmart diapers either, but their wipes are good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameronzmom (Post 27708473)
I LOVE huggies diapers. We however use a size up in those bc of the cut. Less diapers = more $$ I've used Target brand, walmart brand, pampers, luvs and huggies. I only like huggies wipes, Pampers esp drive me crazy with out thin and slick they are. I want something that's actually going to scoop the poop off and still be able to be folded and used again if that makes sense.
Who makes Kirkland wipes? I havent heard of them but would be interested in trying them.

Yep. Makes sense. That is exactly why I like them. Because you can "grip" them easily and fold them a bunch of times and many times get the bottom clean with just one!

Costco makes Kirkland Brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgirl99 (Post 27704319)
We always use Kirkland wipes. They're great!
For diapers I love Pampers Swaddlers. Usually around size 3 we switch to Kirkland brand because they're cheaper but I don't like them as much. They don't feel as soft as the Swaddlers.

are the Kirkland wipes packaged with the plastic thing to get them out one by one? Are they all connected together or are they in individual sheets?

LadyGamer October 15th, 2013 10:00 AM

I have kirkland wipes and pampers wipes, and we've been using Pampers Swaddlers. They're my favorite so far.

DeletedUser12345 October 20th, 2013 08:26 PM

I started with pampers swaddlers and pampers sensitive wipes. I moved to pampers cruisers at size three and needed a brand taller on him now. I tried luvs and huggies. I love the way the back is elastic on huggies and luvs felt too plasticky to put on him so gave them away. For wipes, I had like 3 huge boxes of refills so haven't tried anything else but migh try huggies next.