JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Houses (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2706271-houses.html)

MissyBee February 2nd, 2014 07:14 AM

Houses

Would you buy a house if you LOVED the inside, but kinda hated the outside?

Mom2LillieAidan February 2nd, 2014 07:18 AM

Re: Houses

I would buy a house if I loved the layout (the bones, as it were) and hated the rest. The rest can eventually be changed to suit my taste. Our house needs a ton of reno inside and we'd like to do something with the facade eventually too, but we love the layout.

Joanne Nicole February 2nd, 2014 12:13 PM

Depends. Outside is definitely important. If I hate the outside, there's not MUCH that can be done other than paint. But inside, a lot more is changeable. If it's just ugly inside, that's fixable. But if the rooms aren't laid out in a way that works for me, then that's a lot harder to change, if not impossible. I would never buy a house based on cosmetics.

laurenmarie February 2nd, 2014 04:54 PM

If I could change the outside to something i loved too then yes

QueenCrafty February 3rd, 2014 09:15 AM

Depends on how bad the exterior is. If it's a matter of paint and landscaping, no problem. We bought a fixer upper 7 years ago. The exterior needed work with landscaping, driveway, shutters but it had character under that mess. The interior was a nightmare of pepto bismal pink with 1960s features, but at least the layout was great.

navywifey2003 February 3rd, 2014 01:34 PM

If the outside was an easy fix, otherwise no.

MissyBee February 3rd, 2014 01:45 PM

We were looking at some houses this weekend (we do this periodically bc we really would like to move at some point) and there was one that I LOVED on the inside. The features it had, the layout, everything. Loved it. But, the outside (color - part is brick and part is wood siding (I think), which I guess we could paint and style) is not my favorite. There were others that I liked much better from the outside and the inside was nice, but I didn't love the insides as much as I did this one. So I was trying to decide if I would grow to like the outside, since I love the inside so much, or if I would always hate pulling up to the outside. Lol.

navywifey2003 February 5th, 2014 08:42 PM

Can we see the house?

MissyBee February 5th, 2014 11:04 PM

I'll have to find the papers we had on it from the builder and see if it's listed online. I can't remember the address off the top of my head. It's new construction and the inside isn't done yet. I should have taken pictures. If we go back to it, I will for sure!

QueenCrafty February 6th, 2014 06:05 AM

If it's new construction, there are other options for the exterior with most builders. As a former new home sales person, I always told customers that you spend most of your time inside the home, so that is what is the most important to be suited to your needs.