JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Do you wipe at every diaper change? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2038-2013-playroom/2706513-do-you-wipe-every-diaper-change.html)

alittlelost February 3rd, 2014 01:46 PM

Do you wipe at every diaper change?

I always have and always will, but I understand not everyone wipes for pee ("especially with boys") I'm just curious if the majority don't wipe for pee now. When I had my first kid, the majority wiped at every diaper change, but ya know, the times . . . they are a'changing :)

Joanne Nicole February 3rd, 2014 03:20 PM

Re: Do you wipe at every diaper change?

I do. Maybe not as thorough as when he has a poopy diaper, but I do wipe each time.

alittlelost February 3rd, 2014 03:25 PM

I wipe better for poo, too, maybe because you can see all the places that definitely need to be wiped? But I do the best job I can with the pee to wipe all areas clean. :)

beatlechicksteph February 3rd, 2014 03:32 PM

I try to wipe at every diaper change, but sometimes lately it's a struggle to get him to stay still. So if it's just a pee diaper, and he rolls over and crawls away the second the dirty one comes off, I'll drag him back and quickly just get another diaper on. I figure I clean him well enough all the other times, the occasional one where I don't won't hurt.

MissyBee February 3rd, 2014 05:53 PM

I wipe him off every time I change him.

Madison.Hailey.Zack February 3rd, 2014 06:47 PM

I wipe at every change. We use cloth with cloth wipes and homemade diaper spray so I strap him every time and wipe.

momneedscoffee13 February 4th, 2014 04:11 AM

Nope, maybe every other pee change. We use cloth diapers, even when Connor was a baby, I did the research and chose not to wipe at every change.

Kim3 February 4th, 2014 04:22 AM

Not if it is the middle of the night or if we are out and about. I hate changing stations and try to get her off as soon as possible.

alittlelost February 4th, 2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madison.Hailey.Zack (Post 27939246)
I wipe at every change. We use cloth with cloth wipes and homemade diaper spray so I strap him every time and wipe.

We use cloth wipes (and cloth diapers) too! We only use water so we don't have to worry about the soap product. Since urine stops being sterile once it hits the urethra, we still feel it's best to wipe at every change. Plus if I got pee on myself, I would want it wiped off :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim3 (Post 27939586)
Not if it is the middle of the night or if we are out and about. I hate changing stations and try to get her off as soon as possible.

Changing stations ick me out, too! We change in the car for this reason. Or if we can't do that I have a portable pad in my diaper bag I can put down. :)

navywifey2003 February 5th, 2014 07:34 PM

I try to but sometimes I don't.