View Single Post
May 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Jennifer the Momma
I definitely agree about all the methods to try and turn the baby...though I'm iffy on the external version...those sometimes put a LOT of stress on the baby and they always want to induce immediately. I think some babies pick an odd position because that is the safest position for them. My ds2 was posterior, from about 18 weeks on. I tried to help him move, but he just didn't. In the end, I think God nudged me to the realization that posterior was best for him. I make short cords, and I didn't want to jeopardize his safety by forcing a move on him, so I left him and decided if he moved, great, if not fine.

The thing about breech that I think really freaks practicioners out is that it's mostly a hands-off birth. NO tugging, no twisting, no moving the baby as it's born. Really, the best way is for the practicioner to just support the baby's weight as s/he is coming out....and that lack of involvement is an issue for many. At least that's how it seems to me.
"Unborn children should be welcomed in life and protected in law." George W. Bush

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.