JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/)
-   -   We have to get another ultrasound soon.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/2710817-we-have-to-get-another-ultrasound-soon.html)

Britt3 March 3rd, 2014 08:09 AM

We have to get another ultrasound soon..

We were told at my last appointment that at the 20 week scan they couldn't see the 4 different chambers of the heart. So, we will have another ultrasound on the 18th to check everything again.
While we are trying not to worry- and we haven't said anything to anyone really - it's a little worrisome. Has anyone else ever been through this?

inyourhonor March 3rd, 2014 08:22 AM

Re: We have to get another ultrasound soon..

Peeking in from the May DDC, with my oldest, I had to go back for a 2nd one because he was too squirmy for them to get any clear shots of his heart. He was perfectly healthy, just moved too much for them. I hope it's the same for you!

moxiemommie March 3rd, 2014 08:28 AM

Personally, no, BUT I almost had to this this pregnancy. Baby was sitting in such a way that she could not get measurements/ see his heart, and then also had issues measuring other areas, like his spine. After an hour or two of me having to roll everywhere, she was FINALLY able to get the measurements she needed. If he hadnt moved I would have had to come back. All was 100% fine with him, he is even measuring ahead in a few areas. I know a few other people that this has happened to, as far as not being able to see or measure a certain area. Was baby moving all over/were they having a hard time measuring her?

WhynotaddtomyZoo March 3rd, 2014 08:37 AM

From May DDC. I had to go back with my 1st son, THREE times because he would not move and they couldn't get a good view of anything, the last 2 times was to get the 4 chambers of the heart. (Which I don't think they EVER got)

I wouldn't worry about it at all yet. This happens a lot.

Wish44 March 3rd, 2014 08:42 AM

I had to go back for an fetal echo due to the measurement behind the neck being off my 1 mm. Everything was absolutely fine!I also have a friend who had to go back because they couldn't get a good view of her baby boy's heart. Again, everything checked out fine! Sometimes the babies just aren't in the right position for them to get the shots they need.

Britt3 March 3rd, 2014 08:51 AM

ok that's good to hear then!! We have been a little worried - so this is good to hear! Thank you!

Missymoos March 3rd, 2014 01:24 PM

I had to go back for an entirely new anatomy scan because the silly tech at my first one didn't fill out a proper report...so we had no idea if anything was wrong or not! Luckily, I wanted a second one because of how stone-faced and rather unpresentable the first clinic and tech was...so my second one turned out perfectly and everything looked fine.Like the other ladies said - try not to worry too much at this point, a lot of women have to go back to get certain areas redone because baby doesn't always accommodate the first time around :)

Keep us posted though, and in the meantime - try to just look forward to the opportunity to see your LO again!

Fall March 3rd, 2014 08:36 PM

I had to do that this pregnancy because both babies wouldn't show everything they want to see and would move around so they didn't get all of their hearts.

dee.76 March 4th, 2014 03:42 AM

Yes!! This has happened to me with a couple of my pregnancies... And this one I had to go back at 23 weeks because she wasn't co-operating and they couldn't see her heart stuff .. And I remember it happening at least with my last pregnancy also.. Its fairly common, so I wouldn't worry too much :)

susie_q March 4th, 2014 08:14 AM

I had the exact same problem with my little boy. I went in at 23.5 weeks and they saw everything, and said everything looked good!

Britt3 March 4th, 2014 09:30 AM

Thank you everyone!! I can breathe now!! :) It's definitely a relief to hear.

angelsailor288 March 4th, 2014 04:13 PM

Yeah I had to go back because they couldn't see part of his brain and heart. It was all fine :)

chrysalis1 March 6th, 2014 12:15 AM

Apparently it happens all the time! At my anatomy scan it wasn't until the very end that she was able to see his heart clearly because he moved and wiggled too much. He finally seemed to occupy himself with flexing his little fingers, and stayed still enough for her to get the shots. We really thought we would have to come back until then though.