JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/)
-   -   OMP (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/2713454-omp.html)

amberbanegas March 22nd, 2014 04:16 AM

OMP

So- I wake up a LOT thru the night feeling like I am DYING of thirst! I always have water with me and beside my bed when I am home too! I wake up and pee… And Oh My PEE- Where is the water going? I usually pee CLEAR! My urine smells and I am not sure why! I have an appt today and I will ask about how much water I really need! (It is all I drink with an occasional glass of OJ)

Is anyone else having a problem with this?

babyDamico March 22nd, 2014 06:41 AM

Re: OMP

YES!!!! I ALWAYS feel dehydrated and its worse in the mornings. I chugged water so fast the other morning that it all came back up :-( Not sure about the urine having a smell though!

f0rever March 22nd, 2014 08:43 AM

I wake up in the middle of the night a couple times to pee and a couple times to drink water. And I'm still dying of thirst first thing in the morning.

m.a.m.a.to.3 March 22nd, 2014 09:36 AM

Have them check your blood sugar - did you have any tendencies for gestational diabetes in prior pregnancies?

amberbanegas March 22nd, 2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.a.m.a.to.3 (Post 28011343)
Have them check your blood sugar - did you have any tendencies for gestational diabetes in prior pregnancies?

I did not have GD either pregnancies… They were worried since my son was so big and they tested me a lot with my daughter (5 times!!!) And I hate drinking that stuff! I should have read this before my appt. I will ask them to check it when I go in on Monday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyDamico (Post 28011191)
YES!!!! I ALWAYS feel dehydrated and its worse in the mornings. I chugged water so fast the other morning that it all came back up :-( Not sure about the urine having a smell though!

:( I suck on water like a baby from a bottle with a straw! LOL… It only smells in the morning… Which is weird. I got medicine from my doctor just in case it is something. I should hear from the clinic in 2 days! I just can't believe how hard it is to stay hydrated!

Thankfulhelpmeet March 22nd, 2014 10:45 AM

I think its perfectly healthy and normal to be that thirsty. I wouldnt worry. You can always ask to er on the cautious side but its likely normal.

2themoonx2 March 22nd, 2014 09:33 PM

The urine smell could be from prenatals if your taking them. And I think the 'dying of thirst' feeling can be normal too. I had it with all my pregnancies but ever had issues. And I also wake up to drink and pee! Lol so annoying especially if I'm having a good dream ;) still mention it to your doc but I'm sure it's normal.

Kayakgirl March 23rd, 2014 06:52 PM

I've been dying of thirst at night too, while having to pee all the time. I thought the dryness was just because my house is dry so I've been running a humidifier right next to my bed, but it doesn't always help. It's starting to interfere with my sleep :(

amberbanegas March 23rd, 2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayakgirl (Post 28012738)
I've been dying of thirst at night too, while having to pee all the time. I thought the dryness was just because my house is dry so I've been running a humidifier right next to my bed, but it doesn't always help. It's starting to interfere with my sleep :(

Funny because I thought that too at first! I live in Kuwait and it is about to be that "DUST" season so I though that was the problem! I also am having a hard time sleeping! Hopefully it will go away soon! (But it is not likely!)

bec9494 March 24th, 2014 06:08 AM

Here too - same cycle of thirst and up to pee! I did ask my OB early on and she said it is quite normal for some women. I also made the mistake of gulping water one morning since I was dying of thirst and it all came right back up! At least that was clear ;) Hope we get some relief soon, I feel like I have to time when I drink so I'll be near a bathroom when it makes its way through!

momology March 24th, 2014 06:33 AM

I drink a full 22 oz bottle of water through the night it is so annoying!! Makes me have to pee so much but I am just soooo thirsty!!!