JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Fundal height? Wheres yours at? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/2717656-fundal-height-wheres-yours.html)

MommyOf22014 April 23rd, 2014 01:24 PM

Fundal height? Wheres yours at?

So I was curious and felt for myself. And at 11w2d today mine is two fingers above pubic bone, a little above my c section scar. Which is crazy because I thought it would be at my pubic bone but I read since this is my third baby the muscles are already pretty stretched.

So wheres yours? Your week?

~*Kixs*~ April 23rd, 2014 01:32 PM

Re: Fundal height? Wheres yours at?

No clue! Can't feel it through my squish :blush:

tmmgeekette April 23rd, 2014 01:34 PM

no idea.... and actually, I probably have way too much fat on my belly to be able to tell myself. I'm waaaay more fluffy now than I was with my first two pregnancies.

KellJoO April 23rd, 2014 01:36 PM

Ok. I'm new at this.

What is fundal height? And how do you measure it? LOL

MomTo3LittleBoys April 23rd, 2014 01:37 PM

I can't tell but at my US at 11 weeks, she said baby was still below my pelvic bone.

~*Kixs*~ April 23rd, 2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellJoO (Post 28054281)
What is fundal height? And how do you measure it? LOL

Fundal height is the where the top of your uterus is. It is measured based off of your pelvic bone. Pretty soon your doctor will start measuring this at every appointment.

https://www.google.com/search?q=meas...tm%3B457%3B515

tmmgeekette April 23rd, 2014 01:41 PM

It's how heigh up the top of your uterus reaches. at full height it will go up to the bottom of your rib cage (just under your boobs).

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...56789e6100.gif

MommyOf22014 April 23rd, 2014 01:45 PM

Fundal height is the distance between the pubic bone and the top of the uterus.. Usually at 12 weeks it reaches a little above pubic bone. But I checked mine. Lay flat on your back and you take your fingers and kind of make make a sweeping motion inward. You'll feel something hardish but squishy. Then you keep Feeling around to feel the top. I'm not skinny what so ever but I felt it two fingers above the pubic bone already. I'll try to find an article to explain it better.

MommyOf22014 April 23rd, 2014 01:56 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/2aagger.jpgThe best I can find to explan how.

KellJoO April 23rd, 2014 02:05 PM

thanks I will have to try it tonight!

Anyone else think that word is disgusting? LOL ... fundal. Ew!

MommyOf22014 April 23rd, 2014 02:14 PM

I didn't even try until now because I was curious. Don't be surprised if you can't feel anything Kelley. I'm actually really really really shocked to have felt mine so far up already. (I'm assuming because it's my 3rd baby) I used to feel my fundal height in both pregnancies and in nursing school. So I know what the uterus feels like. It's a hard squishy ball like structure. I started feeling at my pubic bone, because text book it's at pubic bone at 12 weeks. I was shocked I felt it but the top wasn't there it was higher up. Once you felt it once you know what your looking for.

hopin2bpreggermeggers April 23rd, 2014 02:21 PM

I definitely feel mine already - about a finger above my c-section scar. I think having twins really stretched my uterus ...

MommyOf22014 April 23rd, 2014 02:35 PM

Okay good, I thought I was the only one. I've been reading a lot about it right now. I think my daughter stretched mine out. I gained 80lbs with her and I measured bigger everytime with her. I'm going to ask my doctor about it though.

NYCgirl April 23rd, 2014 03:16 PM

This ALWAYS fascinated me! The measurement in cm from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your fundus starting around 12 weeks is the same! So at 14 weeks it is 14 cm, at 20 it is 20 cm! So cool!

It is early still for me and I am measuring small (based on the finger test).

MommyOf22014 April 23rd, 2014 03:23 PM

Me too. :) with my son I measured exactly the same CM. But with my daughter I was over between 2-4cm everytime. Looks like it will be the same with this one.

michelleH April 23rd, 2014 04:48 PM

This is my first baby, I'm halfway between my pubic bone and my belly button. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow.

mommesara April 23rd, 2014 04:59 PM

Mine is huge. This is my 4th pregnancy, but baby is very high about 2 fingers below my belly button. Today at my appt the baby hunt started at the pelvic bone with no sounds and then when aimed up to the belly button.. baby with 161 hr

jrchubbycheeks April 23rd, 2014 08:26 PM

I think mine is half way to my belly button but I have a heck of a time finding it so I'm not 100% sure. My tummy is squishy after carrying babies and I lost 100 pounds so I have some loose skin there too so it is really hard to tell. I wish I was better at it! On Monday the doctor did say my uterus felt like the right size for how far along I am.

JuneBugsMom April 23rd, 2014 09:17 PM

I think I can feel it. I need someone to feel me up to see if what I'm feeling is it. Jk haha It usually pops around 12 weeks for me.

Lucy S. April 23rd, 2014 11:16 PM

Mine is about 1/2 way to my belly button... Both my boys were huge so I am sure I am stretched out badly.