JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/)
-   -   How much longr do you have till you DD? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/2722078-how-much-longr-do-you-have-till-you-dd.html)

CLS2616 May 30th, 2014 09:04 AM

How much longr do you have till you DD?

I have 3 weeks left until my c-section on June 20th. Hoping my water breaks before then.

I'm so nervous about surgery, been having a lot of anxiety!

I had my 36 week appt this morning and really thought they'd start checking me to see if I'm dialated etc yet but they didn't? It was the group b appt but that was all they did. Do they not check you if your having a scheduled c-section?

Britt3 May 30th, 2014 10:33 AM

Re: How much longr do you have till you DD?

I would think that they wouldn't check you for group b if you're having a csection... because the results shouldn't matter then. It gets transferred from the vagina, so no worries. :)

toasterbell May 30th, 2014 11:00 AM

I wouldn't imagine they'd check dilation if you're a c-section, but I didn't get checked either at my 36-week appointment and I'll probably be a vaginal delivery (although she did swab for group B strep).

-Gypsy (3 weeks 1 day left)

Wish44 May 30th, 2014 11:12 AM

2 weeks and 5 days until my due date. As of Tuesday, baby is engaged, I'm completely effaced, and 2 centimeters dilated. When he will actually come, I have no clue!

CLS2616 May 30th, 2014 11:26 AM

The Dr. said they still check for group b even with a scheduled c-section just in case my water would break and I wouldn't be able to make it to the hospital asap and baby was exposed to the birth canal. I'm no doctor but i'd think they'd still want to know if your dialating and all that other good stuff even if a c-section is scheduled, just in case? LOL I guess that's why I'm not the dr haha

RhiettaP May 30th, 2014 04:18 PM

T-Minus 20 days! My c/s is scheduled for June 19th at 9:30.

TiggersMommy May 30th, 2014 06:46 PM

Not all care providers check dilation. I can see them wanting to know your GBS status even if you're a planned c/s as it's possible you'll go into labor beforehand and give birth vaginally accidentally.

I've got 12 days until my EDD! 2 days until I'm more pregnant than I've ever been! I'm feeling like late next week might be when it happens. I'm cool with any time in the next 19 days. After that I risk out of the birth center.

MommaHarvey May 30th, 2014 07:11 PM

I'm scheduled a c section on the 28th. My office doesn't check dilation for sections or vaginal until you are overdue since it doesn't really tell them anything anyway. This time I don't have to do the GBS, but that is new since I had my last 18 months ago.

amityx7 May 30th, 2014 08:16 PM

In an hour, I will be due in 8 days! ;) Yup, every second counts. It's really hard to believe that I have come this far.