JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Very upset. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-2014-playroom/2729939-very-upset.html)

Maddy6912 August 28th, 2014 11:44 AM

Very upset.

So of course the only way I can talk to you guys is through Facebook but when asked if I could join using Dh's FB I was told no. I CANT get a Facebook for security reasons. I never said I wasn't going to join the Fb group in EVERY post I said I can't join because I don't have a FB. I get that you think its gross if a guy can read anything you guys write. but HELLO ANYONE can read what you write on here?? And very personal stuff has been said on these threads. And we have a private forum for that- which has never been used. And you find it "suspicious" that I want to join now. Yeah pretty sure you can go through someone's account to find if they were fake our just made the account. And just because the Facebook group is private doesn't mean people can't read what your saying. Its the internet nothing is private. I realize you guys don't care about me, im sure you think im this young dramatic girl who doesn't know anything. Sorry im a teen mom to two. But im very disappointed and will no longer be apart of our "DDC" which is already nonexistent.

AmyLM August 28th, 2014 12:11 PM

Re: Very upset.

No one ever said you were young and dramatic. We are trying to be careful. We find it odd that you're using your husband's FB account, even though you can't have one for security reasons but you can come on a public forum like this and post. There are plenty of people that share FB accounts with their SO's but it is very obvious in that both names are on it. I don't find it gross. I do, however, find it suspicious that someone can lurk about using someone else's name. It's not a personal attack against you. We are just trying to be as careful as possible.

Maddy6912 August 28th, 2014 12:17 PM

I understand being careful but you can go through someone's Facebook to see if I was faking or not. And this is easier to hide- I don't have my name just what I go by on here and I have posted maybe 3-4 pictures of myself. I haven't posted any pictures of DD. Its easy to be careful on this site aside from Facebook. I could add my name to Dh's Facebook but like stated above for security reasons will not be doing that.

~*Bethy*~ August 28th, 2014 12:46 PM

I guess for me, its not really about someone faking a FB profile. Its more so me questioning why its ok for you to post publicly on JM and your husbands FB, but you cant have your own FB? While I understand you've told us countless times that for security reasons you cant, but wouldnt JM be just as risky?

Maddy6912 August 28th, 2014 01:42 PM

I don't post on Dh's Fb. I use it to follow my and his family. If you actually would look at his Fb you would know we never post statuses. And like I said above it's very easy to hide information here. You don't know my last name. Where I live. It's very unfair I'm not allowed to join because you think I'm lying about not having a Fb

happy-ness August 28th, 2014 03:14 PM

Sorry it turned out like this Maddy. :(

ashleyjo August 28th, 2014 04:40 PM

Wow.. I have obviously missed some crazy stuff.. how sad :(

flitabout August 28th, 2014 06:08 PM

Well you can make it so that no one can find you on FB so much so that my niece made it so that I can't even see that she has FB or even exists not that I really care. But there are ways to have one and not show any of your actual info or to keep it very private.

Maddy6912 August 28th, 2014 07:09 PM

I didn't know you could do all that on Fb. But I want to give it maybe another year or 2 to get one if I ever get one again. Thanks for the info though