View Single Post
May 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Meghan

DC name: Patrick, Michael, Caroleigh, Evangeline, Colm

Type of birth: Pat- c-section, Mike- VBAC, epidural, forceps, vaginal reconstruction, Caroleigh- VBAC, med free hospital birth, Evie- pain med free, full of interventions VBAC with sOB, Colm- vaginal induction for stillbirth at 24 weeks

Why are you "here": mostly it is my birth with Evie that brings me here. I *knew better and let him rupture my membranes, it stalled my labor. I agreed to pitocin. I almost asked for the epidural I didn't want. He kept asking me over and over again if I wanted it, I just wanted him to leave me alone! I didn't stand up for myself, and my DH didn't either. Then when it was all over he decided I needed to have my scar checked, my internal uterine scar. Can you do the visual of how he accomplished that? The best part? He didn't ask. He just turned to my husband and said, "she isn't going to like this." It hurt like heck!!!! Is it any wonder my next pregnancy was with midwives? They are homebirth midwives, but I was a planned hospital birth because of my previous surgery. My next birth? Probably a home birth with a traveling midwife.

One POSITIVE experience about your birth:
I was able to at least stand up for myself and refuse the epidural I knew I didn't need. My lack of epi was what helped her come faster because she was posterior and I was able to get into a hands and knees position. I was 6 cm at 6 pm, he told me she was posterior and I had a long time to go. She was born at 6:25 p.m. Not so long...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me