View Single Post
May 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There were a few factors in our.

After Carrie we said we were finished. The determining factor in that was that Carrie is special needs. With her issues we felt it was important to dedicate as much time as possible to her, and CONCIDER having another child significanly down the road

Then SUPRISE we got Kate... I had gestational hypertension with Carrie which became pre-e with Kate, on top of gestational diabetes and other more minor problems. Bymy eighth month I'm miserable (can't eat foods I want cause of GD, swelling and bedrest from pre-e, etc). I would not put my body through that again... on top of that... during both labors I had titantic contractions (the meter that reads your contractions, goes from like 0-80. My meter (and pain) would only bottom out at 60, basically it was 3 hours of constant contracting, with the meter hitting 130 a couple times)

Also we are trying to look at it financially. DH is career Army and there are lots of things we want to be able to do for our kids (send them to camps, buy nice first cars, college, etc etc etc) and feel that we would not be able to raise our children the way we want to if we had more.

DH is fixed, we are done.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."