View Single Post
May 12th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 19 when I had my first miscarriage. I had gotten pregnant from a fling with a friend. The pregnancy itself was terrifying as I didn't want to get kicked out of my parent's home. A mutual friend drove with me(illegally as I had no license)to get a test at a religious center in the city. Not two weeks even after I found out that I was@the friend's house and I started spotting. I freaked out a bit and he had to drive me to my house. I called my mom crying hysterically and she took both me and my friend to the hospital. That was the 1st time I had ever been given an internal u/s and needless to say the baby was gone@about six weeks gestation. I was so grateful for my friend to be there for me in my time of need. I actually got pregnant with my DD about 4 months after and thankfully was able to carry her, not to term but carry her far enough.

My second miscarriage happened when DD was about 1.5 years old. DH and I were NTNP and ended up pregnant. I was working more or less full time at the time and was@work when I started feeling faint. I told my supervisor I was taking my 15 and up the escalator I went but sadly halfway up I had to sit down before making it to the top. I sluggishly walked all the way down to the hallway and proceeded to fall on my face, my badge and walkie-talkie flying. Thankfully another worker saw this happen and helped me to the restroom. It was then that I realized I was gushing blood. I was about 16 weeks along at this point. I went to the ER only to have unsympathetic PAs tell me "oh see you have nothing there it's just debris and the fetus expired at about 8 weeks." I was of course in hysterics mentally but didn't let that show to them because I figured it was just part of their jobs and they didn't know me so I couldn't be a witch and take it personal. I did however go into screaming hysterics as soon as DH showed up to get me from the hospital--approximately 7 hours later---not his fault just the way ER often works. I called work and was met with nothing but attitude. I stayed out of work for a day or two but that was all. I went back and got asked daily from the head person if "my thing was over with." Needless to say I didn't start passing tissue until a month later and during that month I was a wreck. I never did need a D&C and for that I'm thankful. It took DH a long time to even want to TTC but eventually we did and have DS.

I know I've had a few chemical pregnancies aside from the two medically known miscarriages because well once you've had at least one more than likely you do know the symptoms of another. I did tie my tubes in 2004 and I do regret it but I also know that I could not suffer another loss. I am hoping one day to adopt.

Thank you all for sharing your stories.