View Single Post
May 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Sorry I've been MIA... long explaination, won't bore you with details. Part of it was computer and JM didn't get along. But before that I just felt that I had to focus on getting Joey to this point. And I was depressed and didn't want to bring others down with me.

check out my new tickers!!! Yup... 9 days left until IV chemo ends for our little guy! 11 days until we give the last dose of steroids!

Today, for the first time in 17 months, we were told our son is a survivor!!!

I don't know yet if we will be doing the year of oral chemo. I don't know if this will be the end. but for the first time, I heard them call my son a survivor. AND... to celebrate even more... his port is coming out! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

I can not thank you all enough for the support, the prayers, and the shoulder to cry on that you have given us.

JOEY IS A SURVIVOR!!!

And to add to the good news... I was researching his treatment and the long term survival rate...

For US based treatments the best rate we had been given was 80%. however we went outside the US in search of better options and our doctors went with a Japan Based protocol. This protocol has a 94.4% 5 year survival rate!

Now long term, we know some damage has been done. His lungs are damaged, we won't know the extent of his liver damage, if any, for a few years, and theres always the chance of Diabetes Insipidus. but all of that we can deal with.