View Single Post
May 15th, 2010, 08:24 PM
~Heather~
I worry most about how BE will handle me being in labor...He will only be 17/18months old, and he is very attached, and does NOT like me out of his sight! (He gets VERY upset!) He is also very protective, and even slightly possessive of me...We take him with us to our Birth Class, and when it's time for relaxation (me laying on the floor) he either gets worried, or tries to get me to play with him...the instructor (a friend of mine) tried to take him in the other room (where he had been playing happily with her kids before they went to bed) so DH could focus on me, but that did NOT go over well, and he ended up back in with us...Hopefully being in our own home, it will be different, and he will just go about his day as normal, playing and such...but even then "normal" is having mommy's undivided attention whenever he wants it! Hmmm...not sure what to think...or how to plan!

I'm hoping my mom and sisters will be here, and they will be able to help. But if they don't make it in time (driving in from several states away, and didn't make it last time, due to me going early), I will have my BFF on call to take him if need be. I just don't like the idea of him being "sent away", and then coming home to a new baby! I don't want him to feel replaced!

Anyway...I'm not overly concerned about him reacting to the new baby once s/he is here...he has a doll right now, and is very loving with it. I think he will be the "protective big brother"

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; May 15th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.