View Single Post
May 19th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hello, I'm glad you came out of lurkdom. It's great that you've learned so much from lurking so far.

Like michelle said, it isn't too soon to think about a VBAC. It's the perfect time. You have the time to find the provider that will help you get a VBAC if you wish, but if you decide on an ERCS, you'll still be able to get it.

Anyway, I have a rupture story. It's about my friend. During her first pregnancy, she ruptured. It was nothing major, just a little tear. It was a vaginal delivery. During her second pregnancy, she ruptured. Again, it was a vaginal delivery and it was just a small tear. During her third pregnancy she ruptured again. This time it was a bigger tear. The doctors felt that they should repair it. But in the end, they didn't. So, 3 pregnancies, 3 vaginal births, 3 uterine ruptures. Then she got pregnant again. She really felt that she needed to have a cesarean. Then her doctor told her about another doctor that could do an ultrasound and see the scar. So she drove the 3 hours to see him. The doctor told her that her scars looked great, and she could labor. So, she did. This time she didn't rupture. She is now pregnant again and plans on vaginal birth again.

That story is a bit different. She has had 3 uterine ruptures, but she has never had any abdominal surgery. Not one was catastrophic, or even repaired.

I hope you'll let us get to know you more. Congratulations on your pregnancy!