View Single Post
May 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, so after doing a lot of research on an extremely slow computer (the 45+ mph winds we were having were making things pretty slow), and then losing everything I typed once already.....this is what I have found on BASIC heat embossing:

You will need:
A heat tool
versamark ink (or similar)
embossing powder
your stamp
a static removal cloth (optional)
a tray or paper to catch the loose powder

What you do:
-Rub your paper with the static removal cloth if you have one, if not you can skip this step.
-Stamp your image using the versamark (or similar) ink.
-Pour some embossing powder onto your stamped image.
-Tap off excess powder into a tray or onto a paper - then transfer back into original container.
-Using your heat tool (holding far enough away that you don't burn your paper), heat your stamped/powdered image until it is completely melted. Be careful not to over heat or you will lose the shine in your embossing powder.
-Let cool.

Doesn't sound too hard! Now for all the other powders, beads, glitters, etc. - I will have to do more research on those. I will post more info as I find it (unless someone else gets to it first).

Here is a video on basic heat embossing. She does it both with the versamark type ink and a pigment ink. YouTube - How to Emboss using embossing powders and a heatgun

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; May 24th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.