View Single Post
May 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How was your appointment this week?

As you have seen, mine wasn't all that great. BP's are fairly high (at least on the bottom number) and the doc isn't liking that all that much. No protein in my urine, but I think that and the fact that I am not yet consistenly getting a BP reading of over 150/90 are the only things saving me from a diagnosis of Pre-E. I also didn't gain any weight, but the baby must have - I went from measuring 35.5 weeks to 37.5 weeks in just 7 days.

I mentioned to him that I really needed to make sure that I didn't miss DD's graduation (from 6th grade, so not a huge deal, but it's important to her) which is in 3 weeks, and he said he didn't see me making it much more than 2 weeks so it shouldn't even be an issue. He added, that he wanted at least one more week (to get me to 36), and didn't think that it would be any more than 2 (37 weeks) if things didn't make a drastic improvement. Which I don't see happening because I am feeling a little worse every day. Nothing dramatic, but just a little more yucky.

On one hand, I am totally ready for this to be over. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm grumpy at DH and the kids because I am tired and never seem to feel good - I feel horrible about that. But at the same time, it's a little bittersweet because this is going to be my last pregnancy, and I know I should be enjoying the last few weeks and cherishing every moment. Like you said, it's a little hard to do that when you don't feel well, can't sleep and are in pretty constant pain of some sort all of the time.

I am ready for this to be over, but I am not completely sure that I am ready for the labor and having to care for a new baby part of it. That is the part that always freaks me out just a little. And I am sure in the next few weeks, when the time comes and the doctor tells me that it is time to head over to the hospital, I will totally freak out.

So, anything fun and exciting planned for this holiday weekend? Nothing too exciting for us, the usual errands, cleaning, yard work and resting for me. The weather here is still pretty unpredictable, so we aren't planning on being outside too much. I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.