View Single Post
June 1st, 2010, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So many curriculum companies go on about how their curriculum works with all learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic). Yet these very same programs don't ever stop to think about the parent's learning style.

There are a handful of them that the teachers manual is essentially a DVD. I am not a person that can learn from watching a DVD. Give me a book already! Not only do I learn better by reading, but I don't have time to sit through the DVD with you teaching the lesson so that I can turn around and teach the same lesson to my children. Do they really think we have so much extra time that we can essentially go through the school day twice (once with just us and the DVD, once with our children)? Not to mention that it always seems to add about $100 to the price tag.

I just needed to get that out. I don't understand what these curriculum publishers are thinking. They supposedly have a great curriculum, but I can't even consider it because it's too costly, too time consuming, and it won't help me at all, even if it would be perfect for my children.
Mama to an elementary school boy, kindergarten girl, and my miracle toddler girl.
Three 10w losses (11/2010 + 8/2011 + 10/2014)