View Single Post
June 1st, 2010, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been looking at Spalding based Reading/Spelling curriculum and I love a lot of aspects of Phonics Road to Spelling and Reading. I love that it has songs to help you remember spelling and grammar rules. I love that it's Spalding based. I love that the readers don't have pictures (which children can use to guess what the words say)--instead the student is supposed to illustrate the story (which also shows how well they comprehend the story). I like that it's a complete LA curriculum (reading, handwriting, composition, spelling, literature, vocabulary, and grammar). But there isn't really a teacher's manual--you have to watch the DVDs. Because it's both a complete LA and has DVDs, it's really expensive. I don't like the price and I don't like the lack of written teacher's manual.

MUS is another one. It would be so much cheaper if it didn't have the DVDs! It looks great for math-phobic parents or parents who learn well from DVDs, but I'm neither, so it would be a waste of money for me.

There have been a few other ones I've come across that I don't even remember because they are primarily DVD based and I didn't look closer at them because of that.