View Single Post
June 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I posted an update about my appointment on the main board. Basically the same as last week other than my BP's were higher and I ended up in L&D for 3 hours of monitoring to only have my BP come down to 134/80. I think at my appointment the doc was thinking it would stay up because he didn't even talk about next week.

Everything else is going fairly well, though. Still working, but am really starting to wonder how much longer I will be able to manage an 8 hour day every day. I have a pretty un-eventful and stress-less job, but just getting up and getting ready to go in the morning is draining and I am completely wiped out by the end of the day.

I hear you about the NST's. I understand why the doctor would think that they are important, but I totally get how frusterating they are. With 3 visits to L&D in as many weeks, there is no way that I am going to let him send me back there for "monitoring" after my appointment next week without a more solid plan. I flat out can't afford it at $700 a pop, it's really starting to rack up, and I haven't even delivered yet. Plus it's so hard for the older kids. Last night they were a mess - didn't know if I was going to come home, stay in the hospital, who was going to take care of them. They still have three more weeks of school to get through, so I feel bad that they were up late and feeling so unsettled when I got home. Well unsettled except for the fact my 8 year old was super excited to get his hospital issue water bottle. One more visit and we will have a one for every member of the family

How did the cook-out go? Did you end up with a shower??

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.