View Single Post
June 4th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on much either. The end of this pregnancy has been pretty rough on me. I had convinced myself that because my DD came 2 weeks early that this baby would be early too. I should have known better! I am 39 weeks 4 days today - so 3 days till my due date. Baby has been dropping for the last 3 weeks and I am sitting at almost 2 cm dilated (same as I was last week). Was pretty upset that things aren't progressing faster, but am trying to focus on 1 thing my dr said at my appointment yesterday - "all you need are contractions." So whenever my contractions start I should be good to go......maybe. We just have to get the surgeon/hospital situation figured out now. My dr's back up surgeon is going to be out of town for a week starting tomorrow and my dr will not do a delivery without a back up surgeon available. They are trying to make arrangements with the neighboring town's hospital to "borrow" their surgeon, but the hospital administrator at that hospital is doing everything he can to not have to share his surgeon (payment and insurance have been figured out and agreed to, it is just down to this guy either saying yes or no). Apparently he doesn't give a hoot about the patient, he is just in the business for the money. If they cannot get him to say yes, then I will have to be transferred by ambulance to a hospital 1 1/2 hours away and risk having my baby on the way (Labor with DD was only 4 hours, so it is possible to go faster with this one). It's all such a mess and so stressful!

Anyway, I am going to try really hard today to get a thank you card made for my DH and to finish the card from baby to DD so that they will both be done by the time I go into labor.

Not much else going on really. I should be cleaning the house, but can't seem to do much of that before I start aching all over. Definitely need to get off and go work on dinner though. Talk to you all later!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!