View Single Post
June 7th, 2010, 04:16 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
Gina I think you stated perfectly why I can't be Christian when the faith promotes animals to not have souls and they aren't deemed associated as worthwhile lives to consider like humans..
Not every Christian believes that.. you can't write off an entire belief system that encompasses countless denominations just because ONE person doesn't think animals have souls. (obviously you have other reasons for rejecting Christianity, I'm just saying don't add that to your list. )

Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian, and they don't believe HUMANS have souls, in the traditional definition. It doesn't mean they don't value life.

From LDS Scripture:
Quote:
Moses 3:5 - For I, the Lord God, acreated all things, of which I have spoken, bspiritually, before they were cnaturally upon the face of the earth

Moses 3:9 - And out of the ground made I, the Lord God, to grow every tree, anaturally, that is pleasant to the sight of man; and man could behold it. And it became also a bliving soul. For it was spiritual in the day that I created it

Moses 3:19 - And out of the ground I, the Lord God, formed every abeast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and commanded that they should come unto Adam, to see what he would call them; and they were also living souls; for I, God, breathed into them the bbreath of life, and commanded that whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that should be the name thereof.

Doctrine and Covenants 29:24 - For all aold things shall bpass away, and all things shall become new, even the heaven and the earth, and all the fulness thereof, both men and cbeasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea;
So, there you go. Not all Christian denominations, and therefore not all Christians believe that animals (and plants) are without souls.

ETA: Pardon the random letters in the Scripture quotes.. those were the little reference letters, since I pulled the passages straight from the website. I can delete them in need be, but I'm kind of lazy today.

Last edited by IAmMomMomIAm; June 7th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.