View Single Post
June 10th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Lenore, I'm sorry . It sounds like she went a little overboard. The whole imagination thing is weird, I guess our kiddos pretend weird things all the time and are still living in reality. As a friend, I guess I wouldn't hesitate to share my thoughts/feelings either. I don't think you did anything wrong. That's what friends do. I know in my life, if a friend of mine corrects one of my children, they usually have it coming . I trust my friends enough to be able to do that. Sounds like it might be a good time to "re-evaulate" this friendship. Sometimes certain friends just aren't meant for the long haul. I don't mean that in a mean way, just people move on and change. That's okay. Don't feel bad about letting go if that's what's best.
I'm sorry she got on your case about epidurals and c-sections. I am a pro natural birthing mom-for ME. But would do whatever was required to have a healthy baby and mama. But we all get to make our choices, and my choice, or her choice is not the only "right" way. Sometimes we don't have a choice. And just because we have a choice, it doesn't give anyone the right to belittle your choice. I hope you have had good births and it doesn't taint your memory of them. I'm sorry she made those comments. It was out of line. But it is all a part of silly mommy wars. Who breastfeeds/formula feeds, cloth/disposible, etc. And it keeps going even when they are bigger. There are just so many things we all do different, but that doesn't make it wrong.

I'm not sure if this was helpful or not. I've been interrupted 3 times while writing it. Shame on me for not getting up earlier to do it. You mentioned your friend was "spiritual". I'm not sure if that means she's religious or not. But you all know that my faith is strong and I hope it never comes off as me feeling superior. I don't intend that, ever. But I also speak of my faith, it is central to who I am. I hope people can tell my love for Jesus by my actions, not my words.

I'm not sure if this was helpful at all Lenore it was written very choppy. I hope you are having a better day and know that we all care about you and I think you are a terrific mom to your trio. And if you want to ever come over and "redirect" any of my kiddos, feel free!

Hugs!