View Single Post
June 10th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope! Still not here! Had a dr appointment today though (40 weeks 3 days today) and the dr really thinks baby should be here by Monday. Had really bad back and leg pains last night along with some pretty good cramping (just like I had with DD about 24 hours before she was born). Apparently all that pain really helped make some progress. I am now a loose 2 cm dilated (was an almost 2 last Thursday) and cervix is only about 1/4 inch thick (apparently it was 3/4 - 1 inch thick last Thursday). Dr has been telling me that all I need are contractions to get this labor going, but after talking to her today about going into labor with DD we decided that I am one of those women whose water has to break to bring on true contractions. So, I am hoping for some more pains and cramps and for my water to break on it's own sometime this weekend. If baby isn't here by late Monday then I will go in for another appointment and we will talk about doing a light induction (just enough to get me going) toward the end of next week. Would love if baby would come sooner than later as this pregnancy insomnia is getting pretty bad!! I was up till 2:30 am last night and only slept until 5:30 am this morning - couldn't get back to sleep after that. Came home and took a 3 hour nap after my dr appointment. Wondering how late I will be up tonight. Doesn't help that there are some pretty nasty looking storms heading our way right now. I HATE night time thunderstorms!!! DH never got our weather radio hooked up to the antenna, so we really have no way to tell if there is a tornado in the area unless someone is up watching the radar/NOAA site. (One thing I really don't like about living in the country!)

Sorry your DH is being a pain in the rear. Hope things get better!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!