View Single Post
June 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well my DSS is 4 and cannot take his medicine on his own so it is up to the adults to give it to him and she admitted to not giving it to him so I do know what happened as far as why he hadn't been taking it. He actually will ask for his medicine and is GREAT about taking it. He's like that with any of it though, even if he hates it, like some of his cough and cold medicine, he will still ask when he can take it or remind us throughout the day that he hasn't taken it yet. It's most definitely not any fault of my DSS on him not getting the medicine.

And I know that he's not exaggerating or faking anything because I know the pattern of what happens when his allergies are bothering him. The doctor explained to us over a year ago that the reason he is puking at night is because he's not in an upright position the mucous drainage is worse and then when the coughing starts, all the mucuous and phlem that is there, triggers the gag reflex, which causes him to puke. I never would have thought that allergies would cause stomach issues, but after she explained it to us, it made sense.

And I totally agree with you about the ER. I didn't want him to go for those same reasons, but my BF insisted on taking him because that's what his ex wanted him to do. She was so dead set on him being deathly ill and needing to go to the ER, but she hasn't even called one time to check on him to see if he's ok. I'm not even going to try and figure that one out!