View Single Post
June 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Hon, HUGS. I too have lupus. I also work for a Rheumatologist, so i get to see the worst of the worst. Freaks my out everytime i see someone limping in. Having said that, I have had the total work up for Pregnancy related issues. I assume that you have had all the blood work to if they were able to diagnose you. Please feel comfort that you will be able to have a healthy pregnancy. From what my dr has said, it's a 30/30/30. Meaning, 30% of people with Lupus feel better during pregnancy, 30% feel the same, and 30% feel worse.
You will still be able to take some meds during pregnancy. they have been deemed "safe" as you run a risk with any drugs that you take during pregnancy. If you are currently on Plaquenil, most doctors actual prefer that you stay on it, as it can control flares. If you do have a flair, you can go on prednisone, there is some increased risk of cleft pallet if taken before week 14, however the risk is only1% higher than someone not on prednisone.
I hope that this helps you feel a bit better. and know that Lupus does not have to be as life altering as it was years ago. Medicine has come a long way.
PM me if you need to chat or want any more information. I'd be happy to share.

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels