View Single Post
June 15th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Kathryn and have been on JM for years, but haven't posted recently. I have 2 DS's, 9 and 3. My 9 year old has asthma and environmental allergies. My 3 year old just had a severe reaction to cashews on Sunday, saved by the benedryl we gave him early and the prednisone we had on hand for my older son that our pedi directed us to give him. Scariest experience of my life and I don't ever want to repeat it. I'm hoping to find some others on here with treenut allergy experience, as this is a whole new ballgame for us.

Known food allergies for DS#2: cashews and canteloupe (ragweed). He also has had eczema since he was 3 months old and has environmental allergies, but not as severe as his brother's.

DH and I have pretty severe environmental allergies year round and I have asthma, so I'm good on managing those for me and DS #1. I've never had to worry about food allergies though. We're going to the pedi this afternoon to learn all the new rules, but I know that the experiences of other moms will be more beneficial for the day to day aspects of this.

Wow, that wound up being a lot longer than I'd intended. Sorry about that! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10