View Single Post
June 19th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
My 2n oldest just finished what the school would consider 2nd grade.

Math ~ He learned multiplication and long division as well as reviewed time,fractions, and such ( we use Singapore plus anything else we decide)

History~ We did another more in depth year of US History.. delving in deep to who our founding fathers were, more dates for more event etc..we used Abeka , History Pockets and Hands of a Child lapbooks

Language Arts~ Sentence structure,writing letters, writing paragraphs, punctuation, homonyms ,synonyms etc.. we used LLATL, BJU and various ebooks

Science~ We learned a different topic every 2 weeks.. insects,spiders,human body, plants,birds, koala's just to name a few.. for science we use a variety of resources

Geography~ We learned where all the states are located, we also did a small look at all the continents and some of their native wildlife. My kids also do Map Skills as part of geography/social studies

Reading~ We did various things. He used a book from barnes and noble for comprehension that was all factual reading, it was great. Plus we have a lot of ebooks on comprehension and such. Also he used Click n Read phonics.. just the few higher level lessons to help with his spelling really.

For art we did a lot of Draw,Write,Now.. which also covered some science, History and geography.. bonus.. and then How to teach art to children..fab book.

I feel like I missed something so I may be back..LOL