View Single Post
June 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Regular
I went and found my Fertile-Focus saliva microscope today. I never did get the hang of that thing. I never know if I'm using the right amount of saliva, and then when I see things after it dries, nothing ever resembles "ferning" at all.

I don't have the willpower to chart my BBT. My work schedule is weird, so that would involve forcing myself to wake up every morning at 5am, because when I open at work, that's the time I wake up. Since I don't seem to be capable of going back to sleep after I wake up, that's not an option.

I have been using OPKs with mixed results. Last month I only used them once a day, so I missed my LH surge. I did get increasingly dark test lines until CD 14, and then nothing for the rest of my cycle. And my progestrone levels indicated that I did ovulate somewhere in there, so I'm assuming it was CD 14 in the evening.

I don't know how I made it so long without doing all of these obsessive little things. My husband really eased into the whole TTC thing, and I was working and going to school, so we mostly just tracked my (increasingly irregular) periods and BDed a lot in the "middle" of each cycle. I also told myself that I WOULD try for a year without medical intervention. I knew it wouldn't work... but I had to be able to say I tried. (I'm a serious pessimist.)

Now that we're getting serious about this, I've really let my OCD side take over. I think I spend more time reading about TTC and PCOS than I do actually working, or talking to my husband, or anything else for that matter.