View Single Post
June 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
I don't have HBO, so we're a season behind on True Blood. It just came out on DVD so we're a little over halfway through season 2. I love Eric and Pam so. ****. much.

I would have to say that as something to watch, it's True Blood hands down, then Vampire Diaries, then Twilight. The Twilight movies just have not been that great. The eye candy is nice, but the acting is terrible, and I don't love what they've done to the storyline.

Vampire Diaries, I do really enjoy, but I've only watched 3 or 4 episodes. I've got ever single one of them DVR'ed, but I just haven't watched them. I really do like it, but the DVR is downstairs and I don't want to watch it with Matthew and at night when hubs is home, we watch TV upstairs. I love Damon. What is it with me and the bad guys?

Twilight was my favorite book series. I don't know what it really was about it - as I was reading it, I was thinking "This is kind of cheesy and not really well written"... and I was completely emotionally caught up in it. At the end of Eclipse, I actually put the book down and was in tears. Jacob's pain was a physical pain to me. I don't know how to explain it. The Sookie Stackhouse books were a FABULOUS romp, I absolutely loved them, ate them up. But they didn't effect me as emotionally as Twilight did. I didn't read Vampire Diaries at all.

People insist on putting all these books together, but to me they really have nothing at all in common aside from vampires. It's like putting all books that have another ethnic group in them in the same category and trying to compare them.